I worked at Penton full-time (More than 3 years)
- Extremely capable colleagues who are passionate about what they do
- Opportunities for career advancement (depending on the group)
- Lack of investment in both systems and people
- Too much old-school mentality and baggage prevents Penton from moving forward
- Separation between management and colleagues (management honestly tries, but perception is reality in this case)
Advice to Management
Don't hesitate to get rid of the old guard. Investment in the next 10 years, not the last 10 years.
I applied online. I interviewed at Penton (Boulder, CO) in November 2016.
Started out nicely, but then interviewer started asking ridiculous questions, as if she was interviewing a college intern. Condescending, patronizing...questions circled around the business at hand. I had the impression that this person had very little interviewing experience.