Mission: Periscope Data inspires data teams to do the best work of their careers.
I have been working at Periscope Data full-time (Less than a year)
- The make or break for many companies really comes down to culture and I am continually surprised how much Periscope Data invests in building a truly positive, inclusive and transparent environment for everyone at all levels.
- The leadership team is professional, approachable and show high emotional intelligence across the board.
- One of the most diverse leadership teams I've ever worked with at nearly 50% female.
- The company is made up of people from diverse ethnic, socio-economic and educational backgrounds that help us find our competitive edge through conversation at all levels over top-down directives.
- Everyone is valued. No matter the role or level, everyone here is treated as a person, an individual with their own needs and the company makes every effort to support those needs.
- This is not the first data & analytics company I've worked for. From the day I first interviewed, I could tell there was something special about this place. The technology is 2-3 years ahead of our closest competitors and with other data companies masquerading as BI/Visualization tools or promising that they will be available soon, Periscope Data truly has a competitive advantage.
- It's a startup, so sometimes communication can feel a little muddled. Since I started, I have seen the effort to change that and I am very glad to see the company embrace this effort.
- If you're coming from a larger company with lots of established policies and procedures, you may feel a little overwhelmed at first. But, look at it as an opportunity to help build and develop those policies and you will find that people are more than willing to adopt them, all in an effort to move towards efficiency and operational excellence.
Advice to Management
- Keep up the good work. You have a number of star players here who are ready to shine. They just need to feel even more empowered to do so!
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Periscope Data (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.
I had an internal champion who advised emailing their Sales Recruiting Manager. Had a great chat with her on the phone on a Monday and was invited for on-site on Wed.
Had lunch with their SDRs.
Then rapid-fire 30 min rounds with 2 of their SDR Manager, Head of Sales Dev, and VP of Sales.
The interviews felt more like a conversation than a Q&A. The folks I met embodied their core values and off the 11 on-sites I had during my job-hunt campaign, Periscope Data ranked #1 in terms of culture and camradarie among team members.
I felt happy the moment I stepped into their office.
Reason for declining me: Not enough Outbound Saas experience and they didn't have an inbound opening.
Overall, one of the best interview experiences I've had. They like to move fast, their product rocks and there's greenfield territory for SDRs to go and make an impact.
Lots of exciting developments at Periscope Data, Inc. We've made many updates to our product and in Q2 we hired 29 new colleagues! Onward!!!!
Veteran Hiring Commitment
Committed to helping America's military veterans find work
Pay Equality Pledge
Committed to paying equitably for equal work & experience
Tech Hiring Commitment
Helping to train, hire and promote more technology workers
Career Advancement Program
Helping employees "upskill" into higher-paying positions
Has programs that support a diverse and inclusive workforce