I have been working at Pivot3 full-time
- Senior Management shares the challenges and celebrates the successes
- Company has established core values
- Recent company-wide initiative to financially and personally support colleagues impacted by Harvey
- Company adapts to fast changing marketplace
- Opportunities to 'wear many hats' and contribute in this fast-paced hyper-growth environment
- Lack of business process and systems
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pivot3 (Aurora, CO) in August 2017.
I spoke to a Pivot3 recruiter via phone screen who then scheduled another phone interview with the Technical Engineering team, which went well. I had another interview with a manager, who said that he wanted me to talk to the another upper level manager but getting a hold of him was quite difficult. I haven't heard back from Pivot3 for a couple of month's now. If they wanted to go with another candidate that's fine but misleading a person and keeping them on the hook waiting for a call that will never come reflects poorly on their management and frankly their company. It's the way they went about it that wasn't professional not the fact that I wasn't made an offer. In retrospect they probably did me a favor.
Welcome NexGen!—30+ days ago
http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vITlh—30+ days ago