Mission: Our mission is to use using machine learning to drive human learning helping brands grow in the AI-era.
In today's data-driven world, how do you differentiate between information and insights? Quantcast N.A. Chief Revenue Officer, Meredith R. Long, shares how real insights come from leveraging machine learning to inspire human learning.
Meet Rachael Townsley, Head of Marketing in our Sydney office. Rachael helps grow our brand across the APAC region.
Quantcast helps create a more personalized digital world.
We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated data-intelligence platforms, utilizing big data and machine learning to solve the biggest challenges in marketing and create more rewarding experiences across the digital landscape. Publishers use our insights to better understand audiences and how content resonates with consumers they want to attract and retain. Marketers utilize our understanding of online behavior and our predictive advertising capabilities to reach the customers likeliest to engage with their messages. Consumers see the results of our work in relevant stories and advertisements that create a personalized experience across all of their devices.
I have been working at Quantcast full-time (More than 3 years)
- Have heard this inside and outside of Quantcast that the bar is high and really really smart engineers are working alongside each other.
- The impact, scope of problems and type of challenges you get exposed to are pretty unparalleled across the industry. You work on the same category of problems the top 1% at Google work on.
- You have a lot of freedom to work on the problems you like, and engineering managers are asked to not assign people to projects they dislike, or won't make them grow
- Quantcast invests in engineer's growth. The management culture here is such that projects and services push people out of their comfort zone so they can learn. Company compensates for workshops, seminars and training material
- Work life balance is pretty great. Working from home is pretty common, and there's never pressure towards working over time.
- Steady revenue; company has been profitable without raising capital since forever
- Quantcast is an ethical ad-tech company. We don't do the bad stuff the big names do.
- Compensation doesn't compete with the companies stealing talent from us (Google, Facebook, Uber, etc.)
- For a while engineering quality was de-prioritized in favor of business outcome. This led to building unmaintainable crappy services. With the new CTO this culture is changing.
- Frequent re-orgs in Sales and Account Management has led to a lot of unhappiness there.
Advice to Management
Focus on our roots; the engineering driven culture that made massive disruptions in ad-tech.
Fix compensation; companies are stealing talent from you.
Sales need proper senior leadership. Hopefully the new COO and CRO will fix it.
They gave me a coding challenge and it is about some word search stuff. And I passed it and then it is the phone call. He firstly introduced the company and then raised two algorithm question. The first is Min Stack and the second is giving you a function and asked you to write another function using this function.
I did not do well so I was rejected next day.