Mission: To design, build and operate the best data centers in the world.
I have been working at RagingWire Enterprise Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)
- Wonderful growth opportunities. Company looks to develop their employees through training and internal promotions before hiring externally. If you show that you're a hard worker, they will give you an opportunity to move up and show them what you've got.
- Great work environment. Usually always something snack on, free drinks (soda/coffee), departments are reasonably well spread out. The company rules and policies are quite lax and nothing to out of the ordinary.
- Offers cell phone and gym membership reimbursements.
- Although there's always a bad apple at every company, the majority of the people at RagingWire are very friendly and helpful. I have always felt as though there's a great network of employees who are willing to support and provide advice when requested.
- Each week offers something new to tackle. I always feel challenged and I have rarely felt as though my job has become stagnant, although that is more relative to the type of employee you are.
- A company at the forefront of data center construction with a portfolio of high-profile clients. The company focuses on quality over quantity, although that business model may shift in the coming years. They look to design buildings that are aesthetically pleasing instead of those concrete eyesores that are popping up all over Ashburn. Good travel opportunities if you're in the right department, but not mandatory.
- Lower level management for IT is very strong and hands-on.
- The company ensures that all employees are well-equipped to perform their duties. Hardware and tools provided generally exceed requirements.
- Compensation for hourly/salary employees is below industry average. This is a very well-known thing internally. Pay does not fluctuate based on the area's cost of living, instead you will be paid the going rate in Sacramento. That does not cut in Ashburn, VA. Due to this, there is a very high turnover rate, especially in the VA sites. However, with good performance, you will see a small raise and decent bonus every year.
- The company does not hire enough staff to support the workload. The company is very slow at replacing outgoing staff members, sometimes taking 4-6 months to hire for a position that's in dire need of being filled. I have seen this across all levels of the ladder, from Data Center Technicians to C-Level employees. Some departments are required to provide 24/7 support and they feel the pain when someone on-shift has to call out or worse, puts in their two weeks.
- There is a large disconnect between the company sites. Sometimes I feel as though the RagingWire out in the west coast is a completely different entity than the one in VA.
- Not necessarily a con, but health benefits are average and could do with some better plans. The same goes with their 401k. I believe this will change drastically in the next couple of years.
- HR department is much too involved in company procedures and politics. They seem to have their hands in everything and it's just not necessary. Good luck getting anything approved for purchasing. Hoping the department budgets will also increase.
- Some (emphasis on some) members of the executive staff are completely invisible, which is not necessarily a good thing when they are the figurehead of your department. I haven't seen several of the big wigs in years. More communication from senior management would be nice, even if it's just a quarterly meeting.
Advice to Management
More communication! Employees can feel a bit left in the dark and insignificant when they hear about significant company announcements via an email 2 or 3 months after the rumors have been circulating around the water cooler.
I interviewed at RagingWire Enterprise Solutions (Ashburn, VA) in August 2016.
The interviewer lied to my face and said I would move on to the next round of interviews. Took them 2 weeks to get back to me after they changed their mind. At least be honest and dont waste peoples time!!
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –