I have been working at Realtime Utility Engineers full-time (More than a year)
RUE is a great place to work - from my perspective.
- Personal opportunity to grow in my profession is everywhere and I believe that the leadership supports me achieving my goals.
- I'm working with some very talented middle managers who seem to understand how things get done at the company.
- My ideas are heard through discussions with my managers, and the feedback from upper management is getting better in the last few months.
- There seems to be an understanding that there is room for improvement, and momentum and support is building to do things better
- Technical leadership and mentorship is available, at times I need to seek it out myself however I have not had any resistance from anyone when I've asked for clarification or more information from either my boss or the technical leaders.
- I have been supported when I needed to take time off for Family needs - the attitude is clearly that Family is the priority - with hard work a constant.
- Excellent customer base - I get to work with some of the premier utilities in the US.
- RUE has a Testing and Commissioning group that regularly gives feedback on our designs based on what they see in the field.
- I wish my career plan was more defined, maybe someone from the company can help me plan for the future.
- Everyone is busy, a better defined mentorship program would be helpful.
- Shift to a PTO system rather than a sick time/vacation time system of time off.
Advice to Management
There have been a lot of changes in management and attitudes over the last several months - keep it going!
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –