I have been working at Remix full-time (Less than a year)
- Highly motivated/intelligent/empathetic people across all teams who care deeply about the company's mission
- Sales team values collaboration and learning over internal competition
- Strong transit/urban planning background shared across teams
- Engineers are independent and passionate problem-solvers
- Culture of making all team members feel welcomed and valued
- Three of four co-founders are fantastic communicators and all-around great people
- Current exec team has much more combined experience than earlier in the company's history
The CEO's tone can be condescending and intimidating when he gives feedback to the folks who work closely with him. There have been many times when he hasn't lived up to the values of empathy and collaboration he wants to instill in the company. He's aware of this and seeks coaching to work on it, but it's hard to tell how much he's improved on this front.
Advice to Management
The exec team is focused on the right metrics for a SaaS company while building team cultures that match the broader company's. Continue to hire execs who fit this mold.
I applied online. I interviewed at Remix (San Francisco, CA).
I had 3 rounds of interviews -
Recruiter call (30 mins) , Online coding challenge(1 hour), Onsite interview(4 hours).
Onsite interview had following rounds -
2 coding rounds
Talk with founder
Culture fit discussion
Curious about working at Remix? We're actively hiring for roles in marketing, recruiting, and engineering. Check out this article outlining what it's like to build more livable cities. http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQ9Rk
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –