- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
Mission: Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that was founded in 2010 and acquired by Electronic Arts in 2017. Respawn aspires to create innovative hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. Our shipped work includes the critically acclaimed
Happy 10 Year Anniversary! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvECKXrAxPM
Our upcoming Star Wars game, Jedi: Fallen Order, will have its first reveal at Star Wars Celebration this Saturday! Tune in at 11:30am PT/1:30pm CT to see and hear more details about the game: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vM5ec
Who we are
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA game development studio that was founded in 2010 by former co-founders of Infinity Ward and creators of the multi-billion dollar Call of Duty and Modern Warfare franchises. We shipped Titanfall and Titanfall 2 to critical acclaim, and recently shipped a free-to-play battle royale game in the Titanfall universe, Apex: Legends. We are currently hiring for our Star Wars™ Jedi:Fallen Order, Apex: Legends, and Super Secret VR game development teams. The opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry awaits our future team members.
Respawn is hiring!
We are currently hiring for our Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order, Apex: Legends, and Super Secret VR game development teams. The opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry awaits our future team members.
I worked at Respawn Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)
- Respectful team
- Considerate management
- An abundance of passion
- Lots of team building events, such as parties, sports groups, etc.
- Transparent -- anyone could find out and learn about almost anything
- Achievements beyond expectations are recognized and rewarded
- They've figured out how to make live-service development pleasant and avoid many of the usual issues
- Lots of different lunch groups -- everyone likes to make you feel like you belong
- Lots of interdepartmental conversation -- both social and professional
- Lots of interaction between the different Respawn game teams
- Constant playtesting, including "Friday Night Fights" where I always had a fun time
- Plenty of growth opportunities
- Access to EA's massive network of developers, information, tools, etc. Want to learn how Battlefield did that cool thing? You can ask the person who did it.
- Management is very receptive to change.
- Personal project policy is very restrictive.
- Despite team sizes being relatively small, it can sometimes feel more "big stable game company" than "small exciting game company."
I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Respawn Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2020.
First interview is by recruiter, and then a 4 questions coding test, not easy but also not that hard, the third round is interview by a SDE and QA director in Respawn