Mission: At Rooms To Go, our mission is to provide the best product and service possible to our customers, to create an environment that supports the career goals, financial needs, and health and wellness of our team members, to continue to foster our industry leading recycling program ...
Rooms To Go is dedicated to providing our customers a better way to shop through innovation, fast delivery, first-rate service, honesty and integrity. We offer a comfortable, friendly work environment and tremendous growth opportunities. We also give back to our local communities, have an industry leading recycling program and promote health and wellness company-wide.
Sales Associates are paid a competitive rate, based not on the dollar amount that they sell, but by the product. This way, a sales associate is never penalized for selling a room package or items on sale. We don’t believe our sales associates should pay for our advertising. Our support staff and management are paid a competitive market rate based on skills, experience, education and performance. We also have the opportunity for incentive bonuses.
Check out our NEW Talent Network. Search for current opportunities or join our Talent Network to stay informed about different opportunities throughout the organization. It's fast and easy! Just go to http://www.jobs.net/jobs/rooms-to-go/en-us/. If you have any questions about the process, feel free to reach out the recruiting department at email@example.com or 813-627-3364. We can't wait to meet you!
I have been working at Rooms To Go full-time (More than 3 years)
- Great Health Benefits with on site clinic
- Phenomenal work/life balance
- Company truly cares about employees - during the hurricanes, they gave out cases of water, they opened their warehouses as shelters for employees and their families, they give out turkeys every year for Thanksgiving
- Any technology you need to do your job is always available
- Fun culture, a lot of events and the wellness department puts together a lot of activities
- Often times people are promoted to other departments from within
- Emphasis on training and certifications in some departments for continuing education
- There are some people in management who got there by being good at what they did but they make horrible managers - these people need to be transitioned back into roles that they are well suited for
- The restaurant selection near by is awful
- Lack of vacation days - only 10 per year for the first 10 years - though a lot of managers help make this work by being flexible
- Like with many companies employees who are promoted from within to fill roles are not compensated as well as an external candidate might be
Advice to Management
Work on playing to employees/managements strengths
Hiring process was easy, getting hired was easy under 1 week to get hired. Interview was easy to answer and the bosses don't care who they hire. Some days you see lazy workers and the 1 who work so much we'll less care.