Mission: SMA helps companies become more competitive! We offer Strategy, Management, and Analytics to improve our clients’ competitiveness from market entry, to winning business, to profitable execution. We assist our clients achieve success on their programs with: Management ...
In addition, Management recently attended the 2017 European Aircraft Interiors EXPO.
Management recently attended the 33rd SNC Space Symposium in Colorado Springs. See our photo section for recent images.
For over 30 years, SM&A has always sought out uniquely talented and highly motivated individuals to become associates. Our associates are a group of smart, passionate professionals unified by purpose and community. Our purpose is simple: to create value by helping clients improve their competitiveness throughout the program life cycle, from pursuing markets in innovative and differentiated ways, though winning programs and creating competitive capacity, to improving program performance with disciplined cost/schedule management, and reducing execution risk by enhancing program team capability with high caliber, hard to find management and technical expertise.
As individuals, our associates are members of a meritocratic community where they can continue life-long professional development, and learn from the diverse community of other SM&A professionals, ranging from those just starting their careers to those with over 30 years of proven experience, including individuals who have served at the highest levels of industry and government around the world.
Our professionals come from all industries and stages of life. At SM&A, you take charge of your career, and use your skills and experience to make a difference. You become a critical resource to projects that matter, and work in a community of talent who are as passionate about your profession as you are.
Join us if you are driven by the freedom to choose your work assignments, want to control your free time or just want to make a difference. The traditional job market is not the only game in town. At SM&A, you can take an active role in creating something better. Please see our latest whitepaper on Creatng Choice in Your Future on our news page to learn more about the latest trends in the growing cadre of professionals in the on-demand economy.
400+ Strategy Solutions
2000+ Captures and Proposals
$340B+ Contracts Awarded
750+ Program Milestones
903 DoD and Military Services
171 Intelligence Community
423 Other USG Departments/Agencies
154 US State & Local
107 International Governments
89 Defense and Aerospace Industry
164 High Technology & Technical Services
40 Information Systems & Technology Sector
19 Healthcare & Life Sciences Industries
17 Architect-Engineer/E&C Industry
86 Professional & Business Services
75 Other Industry Sectors
Our Values---We are smart, passionate people unified by shared values and a common purpose. Our attitudes and behaviors define the SM&A culture:
• Judgement: think critically, act strategically, and display wisdom despite ambiguity
• Professionalism: listen with empathy, treat everyone with respect regardless of disagreements or status, and maintain poise in chaotic or stressful situations
• Honesty: become known for your respectful candor, truthfulness, and straightforwardness; and uncompromising integrity with the legal and moral ethics of our profession
• Impact: excel in performance so colleagues and clients can rely on you with a predisposition to informed action
• Passion: believe in what you do, and inspire others with your enthusiasm and tenacity by caring intensely about what we do for our clients
• Generosity: give your time and expertise to help others succeed and contribute to our common purpose
• Courage: seek to understand and improve outcomes by respectfully challenging prevailing assumptions and conventional wisdom
Principles of our Business---Our core principles guide our conduct as a firm, our decisions with our people and workplace, and how we serve our clients:
1. Resolve: knowing what to do is insufficient; we derive outcomes from an unrelenting resolve to find ways to do what we know needs to be done, regardless of the difficulty
2. Commitment: we are responsive to each other and our clients through a shared commitment to act and behave at a high level of intensity
3. Attitude: we have remarkable colleagues that we hire for their expertise and attitude. Every person at SM&A is someone you respect and learn from, regardless of their role in the firm
4. Trust: we build durable relationships with each other and our clients as the foundation of cooperation, goodwill, and loyalty
5. Learning: As a learning organization, we focus on addressing the root cause of each issue, and strive to learn from each challenge.
6. Growth: We hold ourselves accountable to attain the skills required to grow with the demands of our business, markets, and clients’ need.
7. Respect: we consistently practice and enforce our values!
I have been working at SMA full-time (More than a year)
SMA is a really great company to work for. The environment is small, non-hostile, friendly, understanding, and they care about their employees. There has been significant effort to improve the company whether that be location, roles, etc.. and it's shown that they care about growth. Overall, it's a great place to work at if you are looking for a career.
Alexa doesn't always register our answers on Jeopardy.
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SMA (Newport Beach, CA) in July 2008.
normal but difficult
First Job Programs
Maintain entry-level hiring and career development programs to give people career starts
Offer formal "internships" for mid-career people or those returning to the workforce
Pay Equality Pledge
Committed to paying equitably for equal work & experience
Career Advancement Program
Helping employees "upskill" into higher-paying positions
Tech Hiring Commitment
Helping to train, hire and promote more technology workers
Social Responsibility Pledge
Formal programs or foundation to give back to communities
Has programs that support a diverse and inclusive workforce
Pledge to Thrive
Taking steps to prioritize employee well-being