I have been working at SOC Technologies full-time (More than a year)
- Work alongside a very skilled group of people. They're experts in FPGAs, CODECs, and embedded software.
- Challenging work, great learning experience.
- Excellent products, proud to help make truly excellent products.
- Culture of excellence and achievement.
- Startup environment, work can get challenging and unstructured, takes high personal initiative to be successful.
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SOC Technologies (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in May 2011.
Phone screen first, then one round on site interview with CEO and 2 engineers. Start from general questions about previous projects experience, availability, academic degree, behavior questions. After Q/A interview, also gave me a computer to write the real code in Visual studio, including how to open/close/read/write files. I was told I could google if I need.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –