At SPX we understand choosing the right company for your career is critical to your future success – let us make your choice clear... with a proven past and a firm future. For over a century we’ve flourished by focusing on product innovation, expert technology, sound service and most importantly, top talent – employees are our greatest resource. We continuously invest in developing our employees’ skills, careers and leadership because when you succeed, we succeed. SPX is committed to being a global employer of choice, offering competitive benefits packages to complement our competitive salaries. Learn more about our many exciting career opportunities by visiting spx.com/careers.
Infrastructure is the critical backbone that enables economies and businesses to grow. SPX products and services are designed to help meet the needs of an expanding world and help solve the complex issues companies face in growing their businesses. We embrace this challenge with determination and inspiration. By combining a problem solver’s resilience and an entrepreneurial spirit, we go beyond meeting the task at hand to lay the vital groundwork for a successful future.
Creating Infrastructure solutions for a smarter, more productive future.
We deliver highly valued products, services, and solutions to the world based on a deep understanding of our customers' needs. Our businesses are leaders in their respective markets, our teams are collaborative and agile, and together we achieve sustainable growth and exceptional results.
Integrity | Do what's right, the right way. Both the "what" and the "how" matter.
Accountability | Take ownership. Create understanding and develop solutions by communicating with data and transparancy.
Excellence | Exceed customer expectations through active engagement, relentless focus, and a passion for innovative solutions. Drive constant improvement in everything we do.
Teamwork | Engage. Have fun. Make others successful. Our strongest asset is the power of "we".
Results | Impact. Focus on what matters. Deliver on commitments.
SPX Corporation knows that sustaining our strong culture and record of success depends on matching talented individuals with challenging and stimulating assignments. Throughout our history, we’ve flourished by focusing on product innovation, expert power and customer care. Talented employees are our greatest resource and will continue to set our high standards.
We believe continuous investment in employee opportunities for education, skill development, experience and leadership result in successful outcomes for our business and our people.
• Accounting and Finance
• Engineering: Mechanical, Heat Transfer, Civil/Structural, Fluid/Hydraulics, Research & Development, Materials and More
• Human Resources
• Information Technology
• Manufacturing, Operations, Logistics
• Product Development
• Project Management
• Sales and Marketing
• Educational Reimbursement
• On-Site Skill Building Professional Courses
• High Potential Employee Development Programs
• Mentoring Programs
• Professional Certifications Reimbursements
We are recruiting today’s top talent to help meet and solve tomorrow’s infrastructure challenges. With a stimulating, fast-paced and collaborative work environment, SPX Corporation may just be the perfect place for you to begin an exciting, challenging and rewarding career.
Learn about our rotational program in engineering. It’s designed to put you on track for accelerated learning and a contributing role within SPX Corporation.
Apply for one of our internships, co-ops or entry-level positions that will acquaint you with SPX and allow you to test and develop your skills.
Attend one of our campus recruiting events and learn more about our programs and positions for recent college graduates.
SPX Corporation offers a competitive benefits package with choices designed to help employees manage their well-being.
Permanent employees enjoy benefits beginning Day 1: medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K, generous time off, education assistance & discounts.
Total Rewards Program
At SPX Corporation, what’s in it for employees goes well beyond market-competitive compensation and benefits. Our Total Rewards program includes a comprehensive offering combining a challenging work environment with opportunities for personal development, career growth and recognition. Together, these opportunities present significant growth potential for employees both financially and professionally.
SPX Total Rewards is an integrated strategy of programs and practices that help us attract, motivate and retain talent. Our compensation programs are market-driven and designed to give employees a financial stake in the continued success of our global enterprise. They are also performance-based, allowing us to recognize and reward employees who work hard, display the values and leadership practices we embrace and deliver exceptional results.
• SPX Cooling Technologies – spxcooling.com – Marley® and Recold® brands have set industry standards for evaporative cooling products for nearly a century. Patented technology, innovative design and robust construction are essential elements in our cooling towers, fluid coolers and evaporative condensers.
• Weil-McLain (A division of The Marley-Wylain Company) – weil-mclain.com – Hydronic comfort heating systems from Weil-McLain provide residential, commercial and institutional buildings with flexible, energy-efficient heating solutions.
• Williamson-Thermoflo (A division of The Marley-Wylain Company) – williamson-thermoflo.com – The Williamson and Thermoflo brands are synonymous with dependable oil- and gas-fired boilers and furnaces, water heaters and air conditioning products.
• Marley Engineered Products LLC – marleymep.com – Marley Engineered Products has a long history of providing reliable comfort heating and ventilation solutions. Our product brands, QMark®, Berko®, Fahrenheat® and Leading Edge®, are among the most well-respected in the building industry.
• Flash Technology – flashtechnology.com – Flash Technology provides obstruction lighting systems and installation, monitoring and compliance services widely used in the telecommunications, broadcast, wind energy, airport and utilities markets.
• Genfare – genfare.com – Genfare® is at the forefront of customized fare solutions for transit agencies of all sizes throughout North America. We implement comprehensive fare management solutions to help transit operators efficiently manage, measure and maintain fare revenue collection.
Radiodetection – radiodetection.com – Utilities worldwide rely on Radiodetection products to accurately locate underground services and prevent accidental damage when excavating.
• TCI – tcibr.com – For nearly a half century, TCI has delivered innovation in spectrum monitoring, radio direction finding and signals intelligence solutions for civilian, government and military agencies worldwide. TCI is also a recognized leader in the design and manufacture of antennas for communications and high-power radio broadcasting.
• SPX Transformer Solutions – spxtransformersolutions.com – Waukesha® power transformers from SPX Transformer Solutions offer medium and large power transformers, complete transformer service solutions and replacement components. We are one of the largest U.S. manufacturers of power transformers.
• SPX Cooling Technologies – spxcooling.com – Marley® Cooling Towers and Air Cooled Heat Exchangers are mainstays of efficient power generation plants. Hyperbolic natural draft, field-erected mechanical draft and pre-assembled modular towers provide reliable process cooling at fossil-fuel, geothermal and nuclear plants around the world.
• SPX Heat Transfer – spxheattransfer.com – Advanced engineering design and high-quality U.S. fabrication differentiate Ecolaire® Steam Surface Condensers and Yuba® Feedwater Heaters from SPX Heat Transfer. Our turnkey field services for condensers, feedwater heaters and air preheaters offer efficient, reliable, and cost-effective solutions for electric utility, cogeneration, geothermal, and solar power generation plants.
• DB Thermal – spx.com/en/db-thermal – DB Thermal provides comprehensive solutions for power and oil and gas plants throughout southern Africa. We’re focused on the individual requirements of our customers – whether for new build projects, increased efficiency requirements for existing plants, modernization, construction or repairs, we’re focused on our customer’s requirements.
I have been working at SPX (More than 3 years)
The company does a great job of being actively involved in the community and events like Kansas City Corporate Challenge, Chili-Cookoffs, Blood Drives, Golf Tournaments, etc. There are numerous fundraisers and events that take place for people to be involved in outside of typical job responsibilities. 401K, benefits and company holidays are all very competitive and the company provides opportunities for training and tuition reimbursement. You are expected to work hard but work/life balance is good and top performers are typically rewarded accordingly.
Company was part of a spin-off in 2015 so the size of the organization decreased in that time, but it had little overall effect on each individual location.
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SPX (Goldsboro, NC).
I was interviewed by 3 different people from 3 different departments. It was and easy process and very professional. I was approached by a recruiter who was working on behalf of the company at the time I was hired. It took approximately 2 weeks once my resume was submitted, to get an interview and an additional week before I started the position.