Mission: SYNNEX helps customers, business partners and employees achieve success through shared goals, strategies, resources and technology solutions.
With wise investments, innovation and solutions-based products, we increase shareholder and corporate value to all ...
I have been working at SYNNEX full-time (More than 5 years)
Very approachable management and exec structure.
A well-respected organization in the industry,
My direct manager is supportive and invested in my success,
Profit sharing is a nice perk (but also a con, see next section).
Total compensation is good and bad --- example: industry salary may be $50k, the company may pay you 50k total, but only 44k is guaranteed salary, the remainder may be profit sharing or some other non guaranteed comp. Which means the employee is taking the risk that the company may deny these one year because “profits weren’t great” (which hasn’t happened in my tenure, but still is possible).
Company cheap in other ways:
- Will spend $100+ in man hours to debate reimbursement of a $10 expense, not a good use of company resources.
- Systems and tools are an in house system that isn't intuitive, often seems to be programmed without the end user in mind.
- Outsources a ton of support resources to China and Philippines (to a company subsidiary) and it is very time consuming and frustrating to communicate with non-english speakers on complex issues, as well as difficult to schedule communication as there is a 12 hour time difference, which means people often have to take meetings in the evening to account for this. If you communicate via email, it can take 24 hours to get one communication cycle complete, sometimes takes over a week to solve a simple problem that could have been taken care of on a single call if the person was in North America.
- 401k and Tuition reimbursement are stuck in the 80s ---- way low compared to most corporations.
- Not a lot of autonomy for employees, relatively small decisions and approvals have to go up 2, 3, 4+ levels of management before employees can move on something. Very time consuming and makes the company sluggish.
Advice to Management
Improve compensation base to be industry comparable
Extend greater trust to front-line, and their managers to make decisions without need to escalate
Make systems more user friendly
Put more effort, time and resources into training employees
I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SYNNEX.
Many interviews. One phone interview and several in person. I was not asked formal interview questions but it was more about previous work history and how it would translate to the position I was applying for.