Mission: To provide a safe and reliable supply of water to its member agencies serving the San Diego region.
1. So many amazingly talented people
2. 9/80 schedule allows for every other Friday off
3. Very caring & very understanding of issues that arise in personal life. You are never guilt tripped for taking time off or missing a day of work.
4. Dozens and dozens of employee benefits besides the standard benefits package.
1. While a majority of the employees are incredibly friendly, at times you feel like a ghost when walking outside of your department. Even if I don't know someones name or title, I still smile/say hello and try to make small talk. Some employee's can't be bothered.
2. While working a 9/80 schedule has it's benefits, having to be at work by 7:30am is difficult when you consider having to take children to daycare/school and traffic. There is zero flexibility or leniency in hours.
3. Changes are made to departments/work flow process' by employees who have zero experience doing the jobs of those they are making changes too.
I applied online. I interviewed at San Diego County Water Authority.
Interviewed by two HR staff who may or may not have had a background in water resources. They were friendly and asked general interview questions that you would expect from a typical interview.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –