Always be truthful and do what is right
Be real and communicate directly
Commit wholeheartedly to excellence
Embrace creative problem-solving and new ideas
Be kind and help each other succeed
I have been working at Smartsheet full-time
- Engineering team is full of talented and passionate individuals.
- Excellent office spaces in heart of bellevue with breath taking views of cascades and olympics
- Very mature upper management in engineering, especially when it comes to releases and deadlines, while there is pressure to get things done,but it is never unreasonable, if you miss a deadline, it's not the end of the world. The thinking is we'd rather miss a deadline than ship faulty software.
- Engineers get to attend 1 tech conference reimbursed fully. High quality standing desks, ergonomic keyboards , high def monitors, beats headsets are par for the course
- Flexible timings are allowed, some folks come in at 6, some folks come in at 10. WFH is also allowed.
- Loads of challenges to solve, especially with focus on enterprise, many interesting problems in the ares of security, reliability, scalability big data etc.
- While the company is healthy with solid financials, at the end of the day it is a startup so it does have the inherent risks associated with most startups.
- Company hasn't really embraced the DevOps culture yet, so there is a big wall between engineers and operations.
- Note enough mind share among general population, so you'll find yourself explaining to your friends and families over and again about the product and what it does, and how it's not a google spreadsheet competitor.
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Smartsheet (Boston, MA) in December 2016.
Had a phone interview with Recruiter. She was very thorough and was very precise in describing the type of candidate they were looking for. Explained their culture and setup a face to face meeting in Boston. Interviewed in Boston with VP of Sales. Was told they would follow up with me either way, I sent thank you note for there time and I never got a response from the company. Had to pay $35 to park they should have paid for candidate parking during their job fair.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –