I worked at Snell & Wilmer full-time (More than a year)
- Top Tier Corporate Law Firm
-Great Entry Level Experience
- Some of the brightest legal minds in the State
-Modern Building and Amenities
- In the heart of a blossoming area in Downtown PHX (5th and Van Buren)
- Qualitative Professional and **Administrative Staff**
- Alot of great events throughout the year specifically for Administrative Staff ie. Holiday parties, Staff Appreciation Days, the S&W Carnival. When the AZ Cardinals were in the playoff in 2015-2016 season there were a number of firm-wide celebratory events
- One of the vending machines in the 10th floor Lunchroom had a glitch where you put in a single quarter and you could get two candy bars from the slot. You had to punch in the specific item though. Came across this one out by chance.
- The HR management is frankly a flock of old birds who harbor some old world mentalities ie. knitpicking clock in times, sending people home for minor attire issues
- Some very complex attorney personalities, sometimes required tiptoeing in the work place
- the Secretaries, along with most of the administrative staff, are some of the most miserable people people i've ever worked with, some more than others (depending what floor you worked on)
- theres alot of old blood that runs the firm, they need to modernize their workforce and add more youth to the workplace
- Not much room for job growth unless you have some pull or favoritism with HR
Advice to Management
Bring in New Talent, Revamp HR, Work on Attorney Development
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Snell & Wilmer (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.
I had a couple telephone interviews and then an in-person interview. I then had a background check and my references were contacted. I was hired the next day.