I have been working at Social Security Administration full-time (More than 10 years)
Excellent benefits plenty of growth opportunities.
Hiring process is slow and complicated.
Advice to Management
I applied online. I interviewed at Social Security Administration (Salinas, CA) in September 2017.
Usual interview process. Hiring manager provided information about the position and asked some preliminary questions regarding past experience. Manager then left and there was a three-minute writing assignment. After the assignment, two employees came in and conducted a behavioral based questionnaire.
Some questions asked:
- What do you know about the Social Security Administration?
- What do you know about the position you are applying for?
- Why are you applying for this position?
- Why did you leave your previous job? (if this is not your first job)
- Describe a time where you had to make a tough decision. Did you make the right decision?
- Describe a time where you had to deal with a unruly or disgruntled customer? What could you have done differently?
For the last question of the interview, the interviewers had me read a paper about Social Security benefits and then asked a scenario question.