Mission: “We help our customers to achieve a better quality of experience through our unique imaging and networking solutions.”
Socionext is dedicated to creating exciting, breakthrough products that meet future customer requirements, impact users ...
I have been working at Socionext full-time (Less than a year)
* Employees are very pleasant with one another (very little bad politics)
* Strong sense of ONE TEAM, good support from USA and Japan Management
* Pleasant holiday social events, great XMAS party - people know each other
* Highly unique technologies get Socio through the door of major Tier-1 accounts (that usually buy from only the largest sized suppliers on their AVL)
* Strong heritage from Fujitsu LSI and Panasonic LSI technologies for AV Tech
* Good work and family balance - flexible, understanding, while responsible
* Correct level of accountability to produce and achieve target results
* Some divisions could use additional product R&D investments to assure long term competitiveness
* As in any Japan HQ firm, answers and action closures can take longer than the usual US firm or startup. But the result is less mistakes and smart decisions.
* Some of the technologies that could apply in USA are successfully Japan centric, causing you to have to dig and uncover them within greater company
* Changing name from famous well known "Fujitsu" & "Panasonic" over to Socionext caused some disconnect of "brand recognition" in US Market
Advice to Management
Keep on investing in brand recognition activities and supporting a highly strategic target account penetration strategy to maximize ROI and achieve the IPO.
I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Socionext (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2018.
By phone and on-site interview process. Typical questions about my skills and experience, behavioral questions. Exciting Start-Up type of environment. Met with HR Manager and President of the company. Pleasant and professional experience with both.
Socionext Embedded Software Austria (SESA), will be attending the Car HMI USA at the Henry Hotel in Detroit from April 22nd-24th, 2018.
Members of the SESA and SNA Detroit team members will be available to meet and will present the latest technology in the areas of Embedded Software and HMI design, including:
• CGI Studio Android Demo
• Cecil Demo based on Hypervisor
• Functional Safety
• CGI Studio
April 9, 2018 – Today Socionext announced a full lineup of its mobile medical solution "viewphii™" series at Medtec Japan 2018. Medtec is the largest show in Asia for design and manufacturing of medical equipment, at Tokyo Big Sight, April 18 -20, booth 4301.