I worked at Southwest Power Pool full-time (More than 8 years)
- Excellent benefits and commitment to maintaining them.
- Solid pay scale; kept current with the market.
- Industry provides a valuable service; very rewarding, unlike other industries.
- Great facilities; nice working environment.
- The majority of the staff are fun, engaging people.
- Emphasis on giving back to the community without "browbeating" you into involvement.
- Some parts of the company are slow to recognize high-achievers and reward them.
- In some departments you must "play to game" in order to advance.
- The emphasis on the "culture" is somewhat overbearing and hard to define.
Advice to Management
There is a tendency to use the "evolutionary versus revolutionary" maxim to avoid making decisions in a timely fashion. Progress, at times, moves very slow. The "culture" can occasionally be used in the absence of sound business practice. That feedback is meant to be constructive.
From a positive standpoint, keep providing great service to your customers and employees. My time there was overwhelmingly positive, but was not without it's challenges for me personally.
I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southwest Power Pool (Little Rock, AR) in March 2017.
One Applies, then latter they send you and email with dates and times that one may select from for the the first interview. They do more than one interview per applicant I was told, and read on glassdoor.com
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –