Mission: SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today, SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on ...
I have been working at SpaceX full-time (More than 8 years)
There are several reasons to work at SpaceX. Here are a few of my top reasons:
- Unlimited opportunities. No one will stop you from learning new things, helping other teams (if you have time), and increasing your skillset.
- Tons of job satisfaction. The work we do is challenging, and the process can be difficult, but when the team is ultimately successful, there is no better feeling.
- Innovation. SpaceX is always pushing the boundaries of what's been done before or what is even considered possible. This forces the employees to constantly think outside the box, come up with creative solutions to complex problems, and think critically.
- Fun and exciting. What's cooler than launching and landing rockets, flying spacecraft, and eventually going to Mars? I can honestly say I've never once been bored at SpaceX.
- Achieving difficult things takes hard work. There have been days/weeks/months on end where I've worked incredibly long hours in order to be successful.
- Part of innovating is that you're covering uncharted territory and this can tough. I've had times where I did not see an easy solution and it was frustrating or demoralizing. However, through teamwork and good leadership we've always found a way to get the job done.
- The long hours can make work/life balance difficult.
I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at SpaceX (Redmond, WA) in November 2017.
Applied online, hiring manager called and scheduled a phone screen. Phone screen with hiring manager and site security lead. Onsite interview with hiring manager, site lead, and conference call with head of security.
Much of the details about the position were not clear, stating “the concept in my head is...” Work schedule, shifts, daily tasks were not defined when asked. Concerning given the magnitude of the company and role. Offered pay was good, but too many red flags about what would be expected of me and the department.
We are thrilled to be recognized as a Best Place to Work on Glassdoor’s 2017 list. Thank you to our exceptional team who make SpaceX an incredible place to work!—30+ days ago