I have been working at Speck Design full-time (Less than a year)
I recently started at Speck Design - my second job after obtaining my undergraduate degree. Speck was acquired by FutureBrand over a year ago and, while I've heard that there were some adjustment problems, overall it's been a positive experience.
- New hires are AMAZING. They work hard, are good leaders, and contribute to a positive work environment.
- CEO takes into consideration my strengths, likes, and dislikes, to help me create a job that I enjoy and is useful to the company.
- Tuesday lunches and Thursday happy hours!
- We have a small company feel (only 20 people in our office) but the benefits of being owned by a larger company.
- Schedules are flexible and management is understanding when you need to leave early or take time off.
- Leadership cares about your personal growth and progress.
- The new space looks and feels nice and contributes to a fun, collaborative environment.
- It took awhile to really solidify my job description, but management has always been very open to open communication and proactivity to find solutions.
- Some people are still holding on to negativity from the past - but honestly, I think the company has come a long way and will only continue to get better and keep growing. New hires and leadership have been awesome.
Advice to Management
Keep up the open communication! This has helped through any challenges I've faced and makes me feel like I have a voice.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –