Mission: The Steelwedge Vision:
Become the dominant global provider of integrated business planning solutions.
The Steelwedge Mission:
Improve the way global businesses plan, perform and profit in a volatile, interdependent ...
I have been working at Steelwedge Software full-time (More than a year)
- A visionary executive team that has a long-term view for the company
- Best of breed product - Gartner recognized and appreciated by industry (especially clients)
- Great support ecosystem - from a sales guy's point of view the support given by legal, finance and operations is tremendous
- After a little turbulence (which is natural after a shakeup), the company has stabilized and there is a sense of purpose. Probably also explains some of the negative reviews :)
- Healthy pipeline - as a sales guy am spending more time qualifying deals and figuring out which ones to pursue, rather than having to generate them
- Processes are not burdensome - I have seen companies where process becomes a huge overhead. So far I have derived value from the lean processes followed in sales
- Product portfolio is rapidly changing - need to keep up with changes
- Competitors are large and have deep pockets. That renders some deals 'un-win-able' as competitors bundle up SCM products with ERP products and offer deep discounts
Advice to Management
- Continue on charted path
- Focus on retaining customers
- Keep processes lean
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Steelwedge Software.
Interviewed there for a few weeks. Scheduling is sub-optimal and they tend to draw out the process. Found out later they just post and repost positions to collect resumes with no real positions available. Unfair to people to waste their time with no real opportunity.