I worked at Stratas Partners full-time
There are actually no pros working at Stratas, however you want to see it. Ah, the group is usually nice due to the fact that you all are in the same condition: slavery.
- You work between 250 and 300 hours a month, no jokes.
- 90% of the work you run is statistically insignificant or just approximated. Final results delivered are actually fairy tales, polished by the CEO in order to give them some sense. I am actually astonished by the fact that clients don't see it. They pay for nothing.
- Project managers are a joke, they are not able to manage anything. Not even their life, let's imagine yours.
- The company has no access to any database, you run researches on Google.
- There is no career progression
- Salary for this kind of positions is probably the worst in the whole Switzerland
- You have to answer emails and phone calls day/night it doesn't matter what
- Deadlines they give you are something like "by tonight" or "I need this in 1 hour"
- People usually leave after 6 months, sometimes before
- You don't receive any kind of training, you're supposed to be in their mind most of time
- Whoever you will ask to, this place is a living hell
- Apparently swiss law doesn't apply at Stratas, meaning that most of things written in you contract are illegal
I could go on for long, but I think it's clear.
Advice to Management
None, they are perfectly aware of the situation and still don't care. The only thing important at the end of the day is to earn as much as possible and the rest doesn't matter. It's a place that should be just closed forever.
I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stratas Partners (New York, NY) in February 2012.
2 telephone interviews
a written case
a powerpoint presentation
an excel exercise
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –