Mission: Power the Curious
Curiosity. It’s in our DNA. More than any other human trait it’s what drives creativity and innovation. It opens our world to new ways of doing …our minds to new ways of thinking …our lives to new ways of ...
We had to know given we just celebrated #Worldemojiday!
or for emojis at work?
Here's what the says
"When you support an employee as a whole person, they bring their true and best selves to work."
Rebecca Cantieri, our Chief People Officer, on the importance of fostering a culture of well-being, via Thrive Global. #wellness
Guess what? We unlock people's hidden superpower: curiosity.
It’s true! There’s never been a big idea that didn’t start with a glimmer of curiosity, and even the biggest innovators got some help fostering their curiosity along the way. That’s why we want to give people a place to ask questions and flex their superpower.
And, nothing helps fuel curiosity more than People Powered Data. SurveyMonkey captures the voices and opinions of the people that matter most and turns it into People Powered Data. Data that can help turn a hunch into the next big thing.
People Powered Data not only tells you what is happening, but why it’s happening. When you start to understand why, you gain a competitive edge.
Three million people complete a survey on our People Powered Data Platform every day, providing data to the curious. Whether it’s to ask 10 employees about a company barbecue, 10,000 consumers about their customer experience or 100,000 voters about important issues, individuals and companies trust SurveyMonkey with their biggest questions.
We are a bunch of inquisitive, smart, supportive, and curious people driven by five core values. We live by them everyday:
1. Listen to customers. Helping people listen is what we do best. It's our special sauce. We better make sure we're listening to OUR customers. All of them. Equally. To truly serve our wide and diverse set of customers, our troop needs to reflect the diversity of our customer base.
2. You are accountable. We are accountable to our customers, our teammates, and most importantly, ourselves. We all count on you to deliver your share. Own it. Strive for growth and take responsibility for your decisions.
3. Trust the team. Trust is established when each member of the troop believes her/his colleague is honest, transparent, competent and focused on doing her/his job. You're surrounded by high integrity, high performers. We've got this. And we know because inherently, we trust each other.
4. Prioritize health. We work smarter, not longer hours. Take time off to unwind, be curious, find inspiration. We make healthy choices. We provide generous benefits. We give back to the community with our money and our time. Invest in your well-being inside and outside the office.
5. Celebrate the journey. This is the only life we get and we won't get a second shot on today! We celebrate risk-taking as much as achievements. Our days are filled with creativity, fun, and passion. Productivity won't be compromised along the way – in fact, our performance will track higher when we dial up the fun factor. We have the data to prove it.
Why work for just one Fortune 500, when you can work for 99% of them? For nearly two decades, we’ve been powering the curious and their companies – including almost all of the Fortune 500 – with People Powered Data.
Love curiosity? Love data? You've found your future home! We want forward thinkers that are never satisfied with the status quo and are always asking why and what if to join our team.
So what’s got you curious?
Visit our Careers page to learn more and apply today.
We take pride in helping our employees find a balance between work and life goals. One way is to prioritize health and make sure our Troop is always happy and healthy—inside the office and out. Our employees work smart, partner well, and get things done efficiently.
Our first-class benefits package support our employees and their dependents with competitive medical, dental, and vision plans, free healthy food options, commuter subsidies and well-being programs help us prioritize health.
I have been working at SurveyMonkey full-time (More than 5 years)
The company has undergone a dramatic change since Dave's passing. The leadership team is top notch and filled with execs who have been there and done that. You can feel the energy in the halls and at lunch when the cafe fills up. There is plenty of communication from the top through all hands, town halls and regular org email updates.
The product is fun and everyone uses it so you can tell you're making an impact. The teams are still small but the number of teams has grown tremendously. There is a lot of opportunity to work across several teams in all corners of the company.
Leadership is very accessible and does live up to the company values. The talk is backed up.
A few of the strategic decisions have been terrible and short-sighted. Upward mobility is limited as people tend to stay a while. Budgets have tightened since going public. Comp is middle of the road. The company does try to make up for it in benefits and perks though.
Advice to Management
More rewards for the employees!
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SurveyMonkey (San Mateo, CA) in March 2017.
Had a phone screen with a principal PM. She was pleasant to talk to and asked me questions about how to measure a product's success and who its target demographic might be. Was invited into the office and met with an engineering manager, the hiring manager, head of content (stakeholder), and a couple of product managers. Most of them were curious about how I would prioritize projects or solve for common CMS challenges (it's a content systems PM position). It was lightening fast - I had a half hour with each. Hiring process was quick, I always heard back on next steps promptly.