I worked at SynapseIndia full-time (More than 3 years)
- A very detailed process oriented environment. You can learn a lot of documentation, project management, timeline management skills much faster than any small organisation.
Everything like attendance marking, employee reviews, project hours etc are in a digital format so there is transparency in deep.
- Whatever policy is made it is for everyone, so not sparing any special one.
- Meal is available in house, though most of time it is very bad.
- Appraisals on time.
- (CEO) is a very knowledgable IT Professional
- Waterfall method, comm'on its old and not works. Specially for tiny and tight timeline projects.
- No breathing space, Its ok to be focused but too much strictness can kill the employee’s rights of expression.
- No cafeteria, tea is served on desk very much like it was done in 90’s movies. Food served is very bad and you cannot opt out as money is taken away from your salary forcefully.
- Too much bureaucracy and spying of employees, it is like being in north Korea. You cannot access anything i.e. mail, social media, news, music etc.
- Always very angry boss, is always a bad place to be. HR team is always finding news ways to harass employees and achieve company goals forcefully.
- Top management & project managers are least skilled & not able to help/guide employees. On the name of help doing dictatorship work.
- Not updating to current industry requirements, following age old software development methods. This can stop the growth of budding carrier of new joiner.
- Very bad chairs & infra, looks like it is property dealer's office in nehru place.
Advice to Management
- Please stop filing legal cases to employees trying toleave you. There are lots of people looking to job why unnecessarily harass some?.
Also please stop abusing and beating the employee.
- Adopt new work methods like agile or Lean UX or anything.
- Change entire project management they are just eating synapse’s money and in return doing silly stuff.
- Have a cafeteria and tea should not be calculated 2 times day. Commo'n its not a jail. Open up environment let the employees have bit of fun, Its too suffocating for employees right now.
Another example give salary slips to employees every month please its there right.
Let them recive or make call during work hours if any.
I applied in-person. I interviewed at SynapseIndia.
you will pass the interview if you are ready to sign the bond.
1. technical written
2. technical manager round
3. hr round, bond signing
4. they promise for good salary growth but you don't get it because at the time of they will postpone the apraisals