Mission: Total's mission is to responsibly enable as many people as possible to access energy in a world of constantly growing demand, by focusing on three basic cornerstones:
- Corporate social responsibility ...
I have been working at TOTAL full-time (More than 10 years)
- Total thinks long-term and is frugal (sometimes too) with its spending decisions.
- Total treats employees well.
- Total has a good share program to invest in and matching (up to a limit) 401k.
- Total invests into the future on worldwide projects.
- Total is sometimes a bit "Europe heavy". Employees outside of Europe may not be as involved as they could/should be.
- Total has much "paperwork" (not uncommon for big companies) to get things done.
Advice to Management
While outsourcing is necessary, I feel that Total gave away too much control to externals and often internal employees are left out of informational loops.
Also, cost-efficiency is one thing, but we need to ensure deliverables are met with respect to time and quality. The majority of contractors is not that experienced or skillful.
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TOTAL (Houston, TX) in October 2015.
I applied this internship through our school website. And i received an email confirming me that i am selected. So all the questions are behavioral questions, such as " do you have a strong sense of mission" or "tell me more about yourself". It was not bad at all; however, i was not well prepared at that time, so i got really nervous and blank minded. Make sure that you listen carefully to what they are asking for, and jump right to the point when you answer the questions.