Mission: We improve lives through innovation, quality and services enabled by our blood component, therapeutic apheresis and cellular technologies.
I have been working at Terumo BCT part-time (Less than a year)
- Great benefits
- Awesome products (very fulfilling to know you help take care of sick people)
- Well-appointed campus (fitness center, lots of break rooms, clean and plentiful bathrooms, good cafeterias, good parking, relatively short walks between buildings)
- Opportunities for both lateral and vertical motion within the company
- Opportunities for international travel
- In certain departments:
. Management are untouchable - that is, even if they make a mistake, the blame always falls to their subordinates
. Very hierarchical and experience-based (i.e. young employees sometimes discounted out-of-hand)
. Unsupportive atmosphere
- Not a company that emphasizes individual accomplishment or personality
- Not a praise-oriented company (although efforts are being made to change this)
- Appropriate compensation for the industry - just, not a super well-compensating industry
Advice to Management
Remember that you are represented by the culmination of your subordinates' work. Rather than being a little tyrant in your fiefdom, try every once in a while to take an interest in what goes on in your jurisdiction. You will be surprised how much weight comes with: 1) visiting an employee's cubicle (rather than summoning them to your office; 2) remembering something about their life (Do they have kids? A spouse? A life outside of TBCT?); 3) complimenting them on some piece of work they've done in the past month.
I applied online. I interviewed at Terumo BCT (Lakewood, CO) in May 2017.
Applied online. Phone interview with HR scheduled two weeks later. Walked through my background and then questions about handling certain situations and behavioral questions (weaknesses, type of work environment). Standard. The call ended without proceeding because HR required salary information from prior positions and wouldn't proceed without it. If you feel your prior salary information is confidential then this company won't be for you. They should save us all time by writing in their job descriptions that prior salary information is required to be considered.