I have been working at Tesla Motors full-time (More than 3 years)
* A lot of room for growth
* Great work environment
* Free coffee/snacks/beverages
* Management - not enough employee/manager relation. a lot of processes are still up in the air. Too much hierarchy (too many power trips from managers). A lot of managers do NOT lead by example.
Advice to Management
Take care of your employees so they will take care of you and will feel good about working there - basic management psychology. Tesla tends to sell the dream, but when it comes down to work - there is no balance.
I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesla Motors (Palo Alto, CA).
The interview process I went through involved a lot of phone interviews because I lived 2500 miles away from San Francisco.
1. Applied Online
2. Phone screening with internal recruiter
3. Phone interview with hiring manager
4. Phone interview with potential co-worker
5. On-site interview with several managers and internal recruiter