I worked at The Columbian (More than 3 years)
- They are a 24 hour company that has multiple shifts to accommodate any circadian rhythm.
- Management is available to listen to employee comments and concerns.
- Variety of different jobs types. From office worker to manual labor.
- Multiple entry-level positions with opportunity to move around within the company
- The newspaper industry is not as stable as it was 10 years ago.
I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at The Columbian (New York, NY).
Spent an hour or so with HR with a short question and answer period before a copy editing and page design test. The entire interview was about 6 hours long.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –