- Cincinnati, OH
- 1001 to 5000 Employees
- 16 Locations
- Type: Company - Public (SSP)
- Founded in 1878
- Revenue: $500 million to $1 billion (USD)
- Broadcast Media
Our vision is to create a better-informed world.
"We know that the best way to serve and connect with our audience is to get out of the studio and into neighborhoods. To do this, we continue to look at different newscast formats and utilize technology like Scrippscast. These tools give our anchors more time to produce quality stories that matter to our viewers.
Adam Symson, president and CEO of E.W. Scripps, is B+C’s Broadcaster of the Year for 2023. Symson is a staunch believer in broadcast TV’s role in informing and empowering viewers and users, and took several steps this year to ensure Scripps is set up to play that part for the foreseeable future.
The E.W. Scripps Company Reviews
* Really good management team- very approachable and training process was fantastic. The lack of turnover I think proves that! * Really good company culture- people are well-trained and collaborative * Work/life balance is as close to perfect as I've ever had in my career. You are encouraged to take your PTO and always have backup coverage so you don't have to worry about working on vacation. * Working remote is a great plus
* None really to say- of course everyone at any job would love to make more money, but I feel pretty fairly compensated for my work load. * Performance-based quarterly bonuses would be a nice addition to have to bump up pay and further encourage quality work, but I get that we aren't commission based and it's not really presented
The E.W. Scripps Company Interviews
- Anonymous Employee in New York, NYDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
InterviewEveryone was so sweet that I got to talk to! Interview process does take a long time, but I would say each interview was fairly easy. You just have to be yourself!Interview
Tell us about your background? Why do you want to work at Scripps, why this job position?Answer Question
See All 141 interviews
The E.W. Scripps Company Awards & Accolades
- Two National Murrow Awards, RTDNA, 2023
- Peabody Award, Peabody Awards, 2022
- Three Top Women in Media Awards, Cynopsis Media, 2021
- National Emmy Award for breaking news coverage, National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, 2021
- Six National Murrow Awards, RTDNA, 2020
Popular Careers with The E.W. Scripps Company Job Seekers
The E.W. Scripps Company FAQ
All answers shown come directly from The E.W. Scripps Company Reviews and are not edited or altered.
...Good benefits and good working environment...
June 6, 2023
People Also Ask about The E.W. Scripps Company
Employees rate The E.W. Scripps Company 3.4 out of 5 stars based on 511 anonymous reviews on Glassdoor.
Overall, 53% of employees would recommend working at The E.W. Scripps Company to a friend. This is based on 511 anonymously submitted reviews on Glassdoor.
80% of job seekers rate their interview experience at The E.W. Scripps Company as positive. Candidates give an average difficulty score of 2.6 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty) for their job interview at The E.W. Scripps Company.
41% of employees think that The E.W. Scripps Company has a positive business outlook. This is based on anonymous employee reviews submitted on Glassdoor.