Mission: To Change the way People, Think, Feel and Experience Senior Living
The theme of our manager's retreat this year was Quality, as measured by the relationship of our residents with our direct-care-staff. For all employees serving our residents "Thank you." For all employees who took time to participate in our annual manager's retreat "Thank you."
At The Springs Living, we strive to create warm comfortable communities that enhance the lives of our residents. We promise to help them live independently with grace and dignity. We are passionate and dedicated in supporting our residents on a daily basis and it shows in everything we do.
If you have the desire and passion to pursue a career in senior living, and you have the compassion and professionalism that it takes to serve our residents, we invite you to review the opportunities below.
Our story is a true story about a boy who loved his Grandma. He grew up watching her work hard in the family business and take great care of her family. He learned the values of listening, respect and hard work. He was taught the importance of love, kindness, dignity and caring well for others. As the years passed, his Grandma would tell him, “When I get old, promise never to put me in an old folks’ home.” He would never forget those words.
Time passed and the boy grew up and had a family of his own. His Grandma was entering her eighties and with Grandpa having passed on, she lived alone. She stayed close to home focusing her time on her yard, home and grandchildren. Busy with his own family and work, he visited when he could.
One day, while mowing her lawn, Grandma had a heart attack. This turned a page to a whole new chapter of life because she treasured her independence and never wanted to be a bother to her friends or family. Even though she recovered, the entire family knew that she would need additional help. Once again, the family started spending more time with Grandma, mowing her lawn and helping out. Again and again she would say “Whatever happens I want to stay in my own home.” And the grandson listened carefully.
Several years passed and Grandma’s doctors began to suggest that she should move some place where she could get more help with day-to-day tasks. Even the simple things had become difficult. The family struggled with this, wanting desperately to honor her wishes to “stay in her own home.”
One day, it became obvious. The house was too big, the chores too difficult, and Grandma was feeling like an imposition on her friends and family. Understanding how his Grandma felt, the Grandson had an idea.
Why not create a place that feels like home? A place where life would be just a little easier. A place dedicated to those simple and important values passed down from generations. A place that had great food and a nice yard. A place where people are listened to and treated with respect and kindness. A place that was warm and comfortable and where family would want to visit. Simply put, a place to live better.
Eventually, the Grandson built the first community and named it after the family business where his Grandma had worked so hard and had taught her Grandson so much. Today, The Springs Living communities are warm and friendly places full of caring people. The food is good and each community is kept neat and clean with really nice yards, just like Grandma’s house.
While one family’s story started The Springs Living, today a growing number of families continue the legacy of creating that special place we all want our mothers, fathers, friends and grandparents to live. Each Springs Living community has its own stories with real people and real families creating that place where “Life is Just a Little Easier Here.”
At The Springs Living, we strive to create warm comfortable communities that enhance the lives of our residents. We promise to help them live independently with grace and dignity.
Why we work here
- We have chosen to work in a The Springs Living community because it fulfills more than our need to make a living, it fulfills our need to serve others.
- We believe that each of us is an important part of something bigger than ourselves.
- We are one of the best places for the best people to work.
What we do here
At The Springs Living, our primary goal is to serve seniors and their families.
- We are passionate about helping residents live their lives.
- We carry the responsibility of helping residents write yet another very important chapter in their life.
- We provide exceptional customer service, seeking every opportunity to impress on our customers how important they are to us.
What we value here
- We value our integrity and do not tolerate ethical lapses.
- We realize that our company, our department and what we do reflects on all of us.
- We value our residents and each other’s cultural and spiritual traditions. When we work together, our differences make us stronger.
- We recognize that excellent attendance contributes to the quality of life for our residents and the success of the company.
- We value work ethic and commitment to quality.
How we communicate here
- We listen intently with open ears and minds.
- We recognize that we are “on stage” anytime we are on property or representing the company.
- We are always patient, kind and gentle with others, saying “please” and “thank you.”
- We always say “hello” and greet residents and guests by name.
- We speak truthfully and directly, while always mindful of the confidentiality and privacy of our residents and each other.
- We are considerate of the feelings and sensitivities of others.
THE SPRINGS LIVING
Life is Just a Little Easier Here
I have been working at The Springs Living full-time (More than a year)
I feel like everyday I am allowed to be the very best version of myself. My Management team asks me to be kind, patient, caring, and accommodating to all of our residents and their families. We do everything we can to say yes and support our resident and family with whatever they need.
The Springs empowers employees at every level to do the right thing for our residents, families and coworkers. I feel appreciated and valued in my role here. I love that I am able to make a difference in the lives of the people around me every single day.
It's sometimes very hard to see our residents decline and pass. We feel as if they are our family, and we miss them when they are gone. It helps to know that we have made their last years as positive as possible, and that we are able to help families through this hard time.
Advice to Management
Keep empowering your employees to do the right thing for the residents. Would love you to consider matching 401K contributions. If we could possibly add childcare/emergency childcare for our shift employees, I think it would be a tremendous hiring benefit.
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Springs Living (The Dalles, OR) in August 2017.
I was called in for a one on one interview, then a panel interview. I also attended a group information session where I was able to learn more about the company and the Directors from all departments.