Mission: We are innovators that embrace change and work hard to help others succeed. We believe in open communication and stress accountability, because fans and clients count on us every day. We strive for ease of use for our clients and fans while seeking out those who have a bias for ...
I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time (More than 3 years)
- Ticketmaster has been doing a great job embracing modern development standards over the last few years, maintaining a hybrid on-prem/cloud infrastructure environment.
- Developers work in small well-focused teams and are held to high standards for both application stability and feature quality.
- The company follows a Devops culture where engineers are responsible for developing features, managing automation and testing, as well as deployments and support. This has helped encourage teams to focus on quality when building products.
- Good opportunities for internal management training and learning with free access to Safari online books.
- Pay is lower than average, but the perks and culture across the teams makes up for it.
- Senior leadership tends to micro-manage high priority projects
Advice to Management
Continue to work on the culture from the top down to improve trust throughout the organization. The town halls and fireside chats work but require that those doing them are sincere in their communication.
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ticketmaster.
I was interviewed by an HR coordinator, program manager, and director. These 3 interviews were about a half hour each, and took place over the phone. Each one asked basically the same questions about my experience and how I could apply it to the position. They all just wanted to get a feel for me to see if I was a good fit, and if I would like the position.
We are so proud to announce that Ticketmaster COO Patti-Anne Tarlton will be inducted into the Canadian Music & Broadcasting Hall of Fame at a gala at Toronto’s Rebel Club on May 10th.
Read more at: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQ6I1