Mission: Money without borders - instant, convenient, transparent and eventually free. We’re powering money for people and businesses in their increasingly global lives - to pay, to get paid, to spend, in any currency, wherever you are, whatever you’re doing.
I have been working at TransferWise full-time (Less than a year)
- Great working environment, strong corporate culture and super smart and passionate people
- Very strong mission and customer focus
- I am a happy customer myself, which makes working here even better
- Super exciting hyper-growth, a lot of new people joining all the time
- I definitely develop and I get all the support I need
- TransferWise encourages business travel to other offices
- Some growing pains like limited office space, but everyone is making the best out of it until the office is expanded
- Autonomous teams aren't always the best way to work, some leadership would to good
Advice to Management
Some more leadership would be great and help a lot of teams
I applied online. I interviewed at TransferWise in January 2016.
Completed their developer challenge and received an email offering an interview. A few preliminary questions via email. Scheduled a phone interview. The recruiter didn't call me, and didn't respond to my email asking why they missed the scheduled interview. I am not sure what happened, but after scheduling the interview, there is no reason to not show up.
We’re happy to be featured #2 on Glassdoor’s list of companies with great corporate perks! In addition to a competitive salary and stock options we offer all our employees an annual all-expenses-paid trip and a 6-week paid sabbatical with £1,000 bonus. Sounds good? We’re hiring, check out our open roles and join the team!
“What I liked the most was that my title as an intern was not a limit on what I could do. From day one I felt like I was part of the company and free to take on as much responsibility as I wanted. I got to see how what I built resulted in immediate results of faster, more efficient operations of the product and impacted millions of customers” Smaranda, 2018 TransferWise Bootcamper. Applications are open for our 2019 programme in Singapore, Tallinn, Cherkasy, Budapest and London. Apply here: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQOkp