I worked at Travelocity full-time (More than a year)
1) The people - leadership (within the Travelocity business unit) cares deeply about employees futures, growth and does what they can to take care of them. Also - just good people - like a family.
2) Flexibility - this is worth so much. Work/life balance better than any place I've been. The flexibility is so great and very much appreciated by employees.
3) Generally good benefits, pay and location now that the business moved to Dallas. Fun office space (minus the open seating).
4) Business is performing well after merger to Expedia.
1) Challenging business to work on - changes so fast, lots of competitors, little difference between them. Just a tough industry in general.
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelocity.
promotes from within, many mentoring opportunities. Interview with managers and peer supervisors
there is no negotiating at this level, its a base salary and you can earn a good monthly bonus based on your teams performance
It's a big week at Travelocity as we kick off our new advertising campaign. "Wander Wisely" is a reflection of the Travelocity team's commitment to making travel more accessible and more fun for all of our customers. http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIQO8
Travelocity recently kicked off its "Travelocity Talks" series, where guest executives are invited to Travelocity headquarters. Our first guest was Deidre Richter of iHeartMedia, who shared some great insights on the online entertainment field, and on managing a successful career. http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIp0e
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –