- Minnetonka, MN
- 10000+ Employees
- 25 Locations
- Type: Company - Public (UNH)
- Founded in 1977
- Revenue: $10+ billion (USD)
- Health Care Services & Hospitals
As one of the leading health care companies in the world, UnitedHealth Group is uniquely positioned to help millions of people feel their best. This is why we're excited to share that we are partnering with Peloton to give our employees access to world-class fitness courses later this year. There will be something for everyone so you can have fun keeping up with high quality fitness classes at your own pace. You can take on strength training, cycling, bootcamp, meditation and much more. Looking for a role that supports your all-around health and wellness? You plus Peloton and UnitedHealth Group equals strides towards better health.
Anyone else craving flexibility in the workplace? When you work as hard as you do, having some leeway about where and when you do it is everything. See where UnitedHealth Group stands on this: https://www.themuse.com/advice/companies-with-flexible-hours-and-remote-work #workfromhome #flexibility
What people are saying about UnitedHealth Group
25 days ago
Hi all. I’m looking for roles as a Project Manager, Business Analyst, Data Analyst, or Program Manager. Could someone please provide me a referral for companies in the energy or healthcare sector, such as NextEra or UnitedHealth? Thanks! Nextera Energy UnitedHealth Group
Consulting Exit Opportunities
5 months ago
Any HR M&A or benefits folks looking for a new opportunity? We’re looking for a HR M&A Manager and a Sr. M&A Analyst. We’re part of Optum & UnitedHealth. 100% US remote, no relocation required! Fast growing, great culture and lots of growth opportunity. Analyst Role: https://careers.sca.health/jobs/28991?lang=en-us HR Manager Role: https://careers.sca.health/asc-leadership/jobs/28990?lang=en-us
Got a burning question about UnitedHealth Group? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with UnitedHealth Group employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
UnitedHealth Group Reviews
UnitedHealth Group Interviews
- Featured InterviewAnonymous Employee in United StatesAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewApplication
I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (United States)
InterviewI applied early January and received an email to complete an assessment. Assessment was split between a call simulation exercise and “agree or disagree” statements. Early February they sent me an email to complete a self-recorded video interview through ModernHire. After completing the interview, I was contacted the next day to schedule an interview with a department manger. I scheduled it for the following day and spent a little over an hour with the department manager. Partly because of technical issues on their end and partly because we got into a side conversation about one aspect of the job. The next day I received a call from the recruiter to offer me the job. Since the salary was on the lower end, I asked for an increase which was granted. The overall interview/offer process, from the time I got the recorded interview email, was 5 days with my salary negotiation.
!! Tips & Information !!
- Self recorded interview consists of recording an introduction video plus answering 7 questions. The questions are a combination of video response prompts and acknowledgement of certain position requirements.
- Introduction video: I didn’t make it seem as though this was a requirement. What I said was this “Hello everyone, hope you’re having a good day, my name is ___ and I’m applying for the ___ position. I just wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself and help you get to know me better.” I then launched into a synopsis of my background/experience, how it relates to the position and why I choose the position, ending with educational goals and a not so personal “fun fact”.
- Response prompts: You have 3 minutes to record your response once you click “record” and 4 attempts to answer the question. There’s no time limit before you click “record” so I highly recommend making use of a split screen (if you’re using a laptop) and type up your response to the question or any notes that will help you answer the question. I used the S.T.A.R method to answer the questions (situation, task, action, result). Even when the question had multiple parts, I tried to work them into that STAR format as best as possible.
- Show enthusiasm when you’re recording your video responses and make sure to look directly into the camera of whatever device you’re using - NOT THE SCREEN!!!
- Manager interview: they ask a series of questions to gauge your knowledge level about technical things before asking a series of behavioral questions. It may be helpful to gather a list of commonly asked questions to prepare/think about responses ahead of time.
- Come prepared to your manager interview with questions! Some may get answered during the interview, but here’s some sample questions I had ready below:
1. Is this position apart of a new initiative or an existing position?
2. What does a typical day in the position look like?
3. How is performance measured?
4. What is the career progression of this position and what other opportunities are available for employee growth?
5. Elaborating on the previous question: can employees cross-train with other departments and if so, how does that process work?
This is just a sample, you my want to search for other questions to ask the interviewer. The manager I interviewed with had a lot of internal knowledge so most a majority of my questions came from asking clarifying questions about their background.
Also, if I were you, I’d find a way to get the interviewer’s contact information to send a follow-up thank you email. If you aren’t able to get the information for the person you spoke with, contact a recruiter and ask them to relay the thank you message or ask for the interviewer’s contact info.
I hope this helps!!Interview
Introduction video: tell me about yourself1 Answers
See All 4,346 interviews
UnitedHealth Group Awards & Accolades
- Fortune 5 Ranking, Fortune Magazine, 2018
- Military Friendly Brands Designation, Military Friendly, 2018
- Military Friendly Employer, Military Friendly, 2018
- Most Powerful Executives in Corporate America, Black Enterprise Magazine, 2017
- Civic50's Top Ranked, The Civic 50, 2017
Popular Careers with UnitedHealth Group Job Seekers
UnitedHealth Group FAQ
All answers shown come directly from UnitedHealth Group Reviews and are not edited or altered.
...Good benefits, flexible hours and work from home...
January 30, 2022
People Also Ask about UnitedHealth Group
Employees rate UnitedHealth Group 3.7 out of 5 stars based on 15,311 anonymous reviews on Glassdoor.
Overall, 71% of employees would recommend working at UnitedHealth Group to a friend. This is based on 15,311 anonymously submitted reviews on Glassdoor.
60% of job seekers rate their interview experience at UnitedHealth Group as positive. Candidates give an average difficulty score of 2.7 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty) for their job interview at UnitedHealth Group.
66% of employees think that UnitedHealth Group has a positive business outlook. This is based on anonymous employee reviews submitted on Glassdoor.