We believe we are a leading global manufacturer and supplier of consumer electronic products in the automotive, premium audio and consumer accessory industries. We have developed a broad range of products sold under a portfolio of over 30 well-known consumer brands such as Klipsch®, RCA®, Audiovox®, Magnet®, Heco®, Acoustic Research® and automotive Original Equipment Manufacturer ("OEM") brands such as Hirschmann Car Communication®, Invision® and Code-Alarm®. We maintain leading market share positions across targeted product categories. We supply our products to a highly diversified customer base consisting of automotive OEMs, specialty consumer electronics and mass merchandise retailers, power retailers, 12-volt specialists and other commercial entities.
Community — Employee
VOXX International is dedicated to improving the well-being and safety of its employees. We offer free training in First Aid, CPR and AED use to interested employees. We host the National Safety Councils' Defensive Driving Course on our premises for the convenience of our employees and their families and friends. In addition, we are environmentally friendly with a structured Environmental Management System. We are ISO 14001 certified and do everything possible to prevent pollution and recycle materials whenever feasible.
We provide programs that focus on the health, well-being and safety of our employees. Our Safety Committee, comprised of representatives from various departments of the company, conducts periodic self-inspections of all areas of the building (to check for safety, environmental and housekeeping issues). Representatives meet every other month to review any incident investigations (accidents/injuries) and to discuss the merits of any employee suggestions that have been submitted. Employee suggestions that get implemented are given a nominal monetary award and are entered in an annual $500 drawing for "Suggestion Box Winner of the Year."
Our wellness philosophy is to encourage our employees to improve their health through wellness programs. Our wellness programs vary and have included Healthy Lunch Club programs, Lunch and Learns, 'Stop Smoking Sessions', 'Stress in the Workplace' sessions and Weight Watcher's at work. In addition, the company arranges annual flu vaccines right on the premises (for a nominal fee) and an annual Health Fair with bio-metric screenings.
Community — Charity
VOXX International and its subsidiaries support a wide variety of charities nationwide, many in concert with our major customers. We have chosen several charities that are the beneficiaries of our major fundraising efforts and we encourage our employees to support local causes as well. In many cases, the company will match employee donations to our major causes. On the local level at our NY offices, we participate in Long Island Cares food Drives and the American Cancer Society's Daffodil Days. In addition, we strongly support the coalition against domestic violence and we host blood drives at work several times a year. To support employees who actively participate in a wide variety of personal sanctioned charities we have run Jeans Day Fundraisers with raffles, where all the finds raised go to the employee's specific charity. Finally, also at our NY office each year we run an Annual Holiday Toy and Gift Drive with the proceeds going to three local charities.
To provide the highest quality products and unparalleled customer service. To ensure sales support that meets and exceeds our customers' expectations. To be a responsible member of the communities in which we conduct business. To encourage employee growth and participation through open communications. To produce maximum returns for our shareholders and our Company's growth. To provide a safe and satisfying work environment for our employees.
I worked at VOXX International full-time (More than 5 years)
98% of the staff honestly care and work hard. The other 2% not so much
Upper level management disdainful of employees
Advice to Management
The strategy of "the beatings will continue until moral improves" isn't working.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –