- Excellent preparation for interview (they provided ample information, many supportive documents and meetings). When the actual final hiring interview came, it was incredibly painless because I was so well prepped by VentureWeb
- Excellent skill-matching. It took a little time before I was matched with a contract, but when I was, it was a perfect fit.
- Outstanding support. VentureWeb has not left me out to dry in any way. We have monthly one-on-one meetings that help me understand how to get the most out of my contract role and they are always looking out for any additional work for me.
- Unbeatable work-life balance.
- You may have to wait a while to get a contract role that fits. Not necessarily a con though, as it prevents you from getting tied up in a role that isn't right for you.
Advice to Management
I honestly don't have much! I would love to see the onboarding training get updated a bit-- sometimes nomenclature and systems that my new role assumed that I would know didn't get explained to me or used outdated terms. I would have loved an acronym and term glossary going in.
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VentureWeb in March 2015.
The interviewer was nice enough, but made it sound like there were opportunities available for contract work (said there would be multiple matches every month) that don't really exist (zero matches in four months). I was also disappointed to interview for a job that was not a real job. The listing made it sound real, but I later found out it was just used to get more people to send in applications so they could add more people to their database/pool.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –