I have been working at Veris Consulting full-time (Less than a year)
- Collegial work environment with opportunities to learn from highly experienced staff and take on real responsibility from day one
- Interesting projects with a wide variety of clients
- Respect for work/life balance in the form of flexible schedules and generous vacation time
- Highly competitive pay and strong benefits package
- Great coworkers and plenty of opportunities for off-hours interaction (fantasy sports, happy hours, sports leagues, holiday events, etc.)
- Reston, VA office location can be inconvenient for staff members living in DC or Arlington, although new options like the Metro shuttle have helped
- The majority of the work is Excel-based. It would be valuable to gain knowledge and skills in other statistical software programs as well
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Veris Consulting (Reston, VA) in March 2016.
I saw the job posting online and sent in my resume and cover letter. I heard back quickly and had a phone screen with the recruiter. She was very friendly and honest about the firm and the importance of a mutual fit. The next stage consisted of 3 in-person interviews and a lunch. The process progressed quickly and everyone was very responsive. I enjoyed being able to meet various people at the firm, not just the managing directors, to ask of lot of questions and get a good sense for the firm culture. It was refreshing after coming from public accounting!
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –