Mission: Captivate the world by revolutionizing interactive entertainment.
Intern Day Out - Adirondack Hike & Brewery
Happy to be included as part of the Activision family! "Activision has considered every facet of their employees’ lives when crafting the benefits program. Perks include tuition assistance, up to $5000 of adoption assistance, fertility and new parent support, ergonomic benefits, veterinary pet insurance and even legal assistance. " #ItsThePeople
Vicarious Visions is a creator of hit video games with its studio based near Albany, New York. We are a team of talented, energetic, and highly motivated individuals. Our people come from all areas of the globe, so we bring a very diverse mix of styles to our games. It makes for a very cool place to work...and we have the pictures to prove it!
To date, VV has sold over 40 million games worldwide. VV has shaped popular culture with hit video game titles including: Skylanders, Guitar Hero, Crash Bandicoot, Tony Hawk, Spider-Man, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance for various platforms.
VV is housed in a 40,000 square foot state-of-the-art studio located in Menands, NY. Today the company employs over 150 highly creative programmers, artists and designers. VV is an independent studio within Activision|Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), a leading worldwide publisher of entertainment software.
Captivate the world by revolutionizing interactive entertainment.
We Are Fearless Pathfinders
· We push the boundaries of the expected and inspire others through our innovations.
· We nurture new ideas from all of our people. We embrace each of our failures as a lesson learned.
· We will never be satisfied. There is always something new to discover.
We Lead Our Craft
· We are hungry to learn, master, and teach our craft.
· We hold each other to the highest standard of quality to deliver work that we are proud of.
· We foster an environment where our people can create the best work of their lives.
We’re In This Together
· We support the well-being of each other and our families.
· We are committed to respectful open communication and strive to be our best selves every day.
· We are invested in each other and we celebrate every success as our own.
Over the years, VV has won numerous awards for the games we've worked on as well as our contributions to our local community and the games industry. It's a long list, so if you are really interested, go ahead and download it!
When arriving at our studio in Albany, NY you can't imagine our state of the art facility is waiting for you just on the other side of the warehouse walls. As you walk the halls you soon realize our greatest distinction, the VV Family, is what makes VV extraordinary.
Our team is made up of the most talented, unique & motivated individuals from all over the globe. Every day you'll experience the newest innovations, the craziest employee contests/parties, and the best people you can find. Our team is dedicated to producing exceptional games but more importantly great friendships.
Our studio is located in Albany, NY, a thriving northeastern city with an abundance of professional theatre, music, dance, and sports attractions, as well as a backyard full of recreational activities. (That’s a metaphorical backyard. The studio’s backyard has a patio and grill though…with seasonal awning.) And for those looking for more adventures, we’re located less than three hours from NYC, Boston, and Montreal!
Beautiful upstate NY is brimming with all kinds of outings and activities! Whether you want to take a day trip to the Great Adirondack Mountains or stay the weekend in Boston, upstate NY is a treasure trove of places to go and things to see.
Albany is centrally located between Montreal, Boston, and New York City, as well as one of the largest mountain chains in the country! There are numerous outdoor activities to take part in year round, including camping, hiking, boating, skiing, and sledding just to name a few!
Love music? We have tons of venues, both inside and out, that offer live music of all types throughout the year. What about festivals? The area is home to exciting and intriguing festivals such as tulip fest, chowder fest, country fest, and Irish fest…and that’s just for starters!
Albany also offers a wide variety of opportunities for art, culture, history, education, fun, excitement, or simply just a little rest and relaxation. Check us out!
I worked at Vicarious Visions full-time (Less than a year)
- Insanely talented people
- Extremely passionate crowd
- Very humble inspite of this
- Fun things to do, Popcorn Tuesday, Bagel & Donut Friday, Boardgames almost everyday at lunch, free food on many occasions, open bar once a month,
- Helpful & supportive management who really cares about you
- Family atmosphere
- Good projects to work on
- Location is pretty bad. Nothing much to do in Albany.
- Pay is not bad but could be better.
- Some departments do exhibit politics.
Advice to Management
Keep doing what you're doing. Your transparency & trust is extremely valuable.
I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vicarious Visions in April 2017.
I applied at a university event, where I discussed my interests and experience with other engineers. A few weeks later I scheduled a phone interview, where they asked me a few questions. I receivedand accepted my offer a few days after the interview.