Mission: VICE is a global youth media company and the industry leader in producing and distributing the best online video content in the world
I worked at Vice Media full-time
- Content is never dull since you are exploring unconventional narratives
- People in your social circles will find it cool you work at VICE
- Opportunity to work with big brands and artist names - great for those who are genuinely passionate about the culture and stories behind it all
- Cut throat environment between employees instead of being supportive and empowering - no one tries to get to know each other bc everyone is "too cool"
- Bad managers stick around simply because HR is too scared to fire them
- Total boys club - talking openly about explicit things you have done is the norm
Advice to Management
- Create a space where people are happy to show up and work for VICE both in culture and in pay
I applied online. I interviewed at Vice Media.
Communication from the HR representative was horrible before and after the interview. Interviewed with two guys on a sofa near their kitchen because they didn't have a room to conduct the interview. The interview was a bit informal, but nonetheless quite simple and straightforward.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –