Mission: VinSolutions® helps dealers make every customer connection count by providing sophisticated yet easy-to-use software solutions that span the scope of dealership operations.
As the provider of Connect CRM, a leading dealership customer relationship management system, VinSolutions helps more than 4,000 dealers make every connection count. VinSolutions products integrate dealership systems, processes and tools to deliver a single view of the customer across the business – so dealers can focus on building relationships throughout the sales cycle. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Mission, Kansas, VinSolutions fosters dealership success by providing a fully customizable suite of solutions, including equity mining, market pricing and desking tools, combined with the continuous, personal support of a designated Performance Manager. VinSolutions is OEM certified by every major manufacturer and is Autosoft, CDK, Reynolds & Reynolds and Dealertrack DMS certified.
VinSolutions is a Cox Automotive™ brand.
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with VinSolutions. A strong, fast-growing company and a member of Cox Automotive, we’re always searching for new talent to join our team. The people who succeed at VinSolutions are driven, high-energy individuals with a passion for innovation and delivering excellent service to our customers.
When you join our team, you gain access to a wealth of opportunities for career growth and expansion — with VinSolutions and with all Cox Automotive companies. We work hard to craft challenging and rewarding career paths for our employees, and offer excellent benefits, including pension and 401(k) packages and employee discounts.
From our headquarters in Mission, Kansas, and in various additional locations across the country, we hire primarily in the areas of software development, operations and sales.
VinSolutions is honored to be recognized as a leading technology solutions provider in the automotive industry. Our awards and accolades are a testament to our employees and our dealer customers, who drive us to grow and innovate year after year.
Community outreach is a core value at VinSolutions. Our employees volunteer their time and energy throughout the year to organizations that positively impact our community.
Cooking and cleaning at the Hope Lodge
American Cancer Society (ACS)
For more than 100 years, the American Cancer Society (ACS) has worked relentlessly to save lives and create a world with less cancer and more birthdays. With the help of millions of supporters worldwide, ACS helps people get well, stay well, find cures and fight back against cancer.
The American Cancer Society Hope Lodge provides free lodging for cancer patients traveling to Kansas City for treatment. During their stay, patients receive education, emotional and social support in a nurturing, comfortable environment. Volunteer teams from VinSolutions have prepared meals, cleaned and repaired facilities to show support for Hope Lodge residents and for the American Cancer Society’s tireless efforts in the fight against cancer.
Packing meals for donation
Harvesters: The Community Food Network
Since 1979, Harvesters has collected food and related household items from community and industry sources, distributed them to those in need through a network of nonprofit agencies, and offered leadership, education and nutrition services to the community, all to increase awareness of hunger and generate solutions to help end hunger for good.
Teams from VinSolutions have assisted in opening and repackaging food and supplies for families and schools throughout the community.
Planting a new vegetable garden
The Gillis Center began in 1870 as a support service for families following the Civil War, grew to become an orphanage before becoming what it is today: a foundation focused on assisting troubled children and their families to become healthy and self-sufficient.
VinSolutions volunteers planted a vegetable garden for Gillis Center children to grow and maintain.
Landscaping a treatment center
From its main campus in South Kansas City, Ozanam’s multi-service treatment center provides residential and educational treatment programs for boys and girls ages 12 to 18, and provides independent living and consultation services for schools throughout the region.
A team of VinSolutions volunteers cleaned and prepared the grounds outside Ozanam for a children’s plant sale.
Donating blood for the Community Blood Center
America’s Blood Centers (ABC)
ABC is the nation’s largest network of not-for-profit, independent community blood centers that collect more than 50 percent of the nation’s blood supply at more than 600 blood collection centers.
VinSolutions holds blood drives to support the Community Blood Center in its mission to maintain a safe and dependable blood supply for the
Kansas City region.
Selling high fives to fight pediatric disease
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
The mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is to advance cures and means of prevention for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research
On National High Five Day, VinSolutions employees purchased honorary high fives (hand-shaped tribute cards with your colleague’s name on them) to support St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Selling smiles for cancer research
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS)
LLS is the world’s largest voluntary (nonprofit) health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research and providing education and patient services.
VinSolutions invites employees to purchase a smile for a fellow employee, and donates the proceeds to LLS.
Walking to fight blindness
Foundation Fighting Blindness
The urgent mission of the Foundation Fighting Blindness Inc. is to drive the research that will provide preventions, treatments and cures for people affected by retinitis pigmentosa (RP), macular degeneration, Usher syndrome and the entire spectrum of retinal degenerative diseases.
VinSolutions volunteers will participate in VisionWalk, the Foundation’s signature fundraising event that raises millions of dollars to fund its research.
I have been working at VinSolutions full-time (More than 3 years)
- The engineering org is constantly pushing to adopt current technologies (AWS, React, .NET Core) instead of sticking with the legacy tech decisions. I've learned SO much about cloud development, dev ops, and service resiliency since I joined.
- Leadership is open to new ideas, and everyone has a voice. Talking with senior management and executives is not intimidating.
- Great track record of hiring and retaining talented people. I work with smart and passionate people daily, and it's inspiring.
- The company is making LOTS of money and investing that into smart product initiatives. It feels like there is always something important and exciting to work on.
- Open and friendly culture. I know almost everyone in the building because it's so easy to meet people. The engineering department has team rooms instead of cubicles, so teams build close relationships and collaborate easily.
- The work/life balance is fantastic. No one will judge you if you have a doctor appointment or need to work from home to wait for the cable guy. The work hard/play hard culture removes the stress and judgement I've felt elsewhere for taking PTO.
- Lots of growth opportunities. VinSolutions rewards hard work and talent.
- Competitive pay and benefits. I'm very satisfied with my salary and yearly bonus, and my family is fully covered by Cox Auto's benefits package.
Everyone in the engineering org is salaried, but we still have to submit timesheets every week. This is something that could be automated by integrating with our work tracking tools.
Annnnnnd that's it. It's hard to complain when I love coming to work and get paid a competitive salary to do so.
Advice to Management
Maintain the existing culture and keep the startup growth mindset going. The excitement in the engineering organization is fueled by a few key factors:
- They get to use new and modern technology. Everyone feels like they're growing and learning.
- They're given exciting and important projects to work on.
- They get HONEST feedback about the success of products, both good and bad. Everyone I work with appreciates that leadership is not afraid to call out when a product isn't doing well in the market. That honesty from executives is refreshing and shows that the good feedback isn't blowing smoke. We know both sides of the story and are inspired to do better or continue succeeding.
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VinSolutions (Mission, KS) in April 2019.
A Recruiter contacted me and did a phone interview, then I had one onsite interview. She was with me from start to finish. She answered all my questions even ones I had emailed her. The company as a whole seems to really care about the people they hire.