I have been working at WheelHouse IT full-time (Less than a year)
I've been exposed to many cultures over the years, and I have to say hands down the dynamic we have here at Wheelhouse is something to be recognized.
- Everyday we are seeking new potential and opportunities.
- Our leadership team drives people to think outside of the confines of the proverbial "box" and that is how we continue to grow which is a great comfort.
- Having the pleasure of working with some of the most passionate people I've seen in the industry is five stars in my book.
- Nothing feels better than a productive and creative meeting and I've seen plenty of those here versus my time in other organizations in the past.
- Passion, Passion, Passion drives this place... Many days I'll see people stick around after their shift not because they have to but because they "want to" and greatness isn't achieved by just doing 9-5
- Many of the perks here are a great way to help people offsets the "costs of life"
- There is always "something to do" and never a dull moment
No organization is perfect and I would caution anyone that might fall into the "grass is always greener" elsewhere trap, Wheelhouse IT really is making a very strong go of it in a competitive market and showing great results as a result.
The strong and rapid growth has some caveats and growing pains. For example, initiatives to improve parts of the business could and should move faster than they sometimes do.
Advice to Management
Keep your ear to the ground and keep the 1 on 1 meetings going. It's easy to get busy in the day to day , but remember by making the time and keeping a finger on the pulse of our team we will continue to see great things and grow people.
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WheelHouse IT (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2017.
There was a phone interview, followed by an in person interview and then a background check.
Questions about DNS/AD/DHCP and then a mock phone call to gauge how well you would triage a ticket and deal with a client.
Veteran Hiring Commitment
Committed to helping America's military veterans find work
Pay Equality Pledge
Committed to paying equitably for equal work & experience
Tech Hiring Commitment
Helping to train, hire and promote more technology workers
Career Advancement Program
Helping employees "upskill" into higher-paying positions
Social Responsibility Pledge
Formal programs or foundation to give back to communities
Has programs that support a diverse and inclusive workforce
Pledge to Thrive
Taking steps to prioritize employee well-being
First Job Programs
Maintain entry-level hiring and career development programs to give people career starts