- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
Mission: We obtain our products locally and from all over the world, often from small, uniquely dedicated food artisans. We strive to offer the highest quality, least processed, most flavorful and naturally preserved foods — because food in its purest state is the best tasting ...
We never set out to start a grocery store. Our intent was to create a movement to help people think differently about their food. Our company’s purpose has always been to nourish people and the planet, and this has been central to our identity since opening our first store in 1980.
Over the years, we’ve not only grown in size but also impact, because of our amazing, passionate Team Members and our customers who also believed their food matters. We’re a company that’s little different and we think that’s just alright. It’s our one-of-a-kind Team Members who contribute to creating an amazing place to work and phenomenal place to shop. In their own unique way, every one of our Team Members contribute to their local community and makes the world a little better than they found it.
That’s why we firmly believe in bringing your whole self to work. Bring your passion, your personality, your interests. Bring it all to work, because you shouldn’t have to leave your authentic self at home. As our founder, John Mackey, once said, “Without our Team Members we’re just four walls and some food.”
In 1980, we put pen to paper and decided what kind of company we would be. Our core values not only came to life, but they have served as a guide to drive every idea, decision and interaction we have at Whole Foods Market.
1. We sell the highest quality natural and organic foods. We appreciate and celebrate great food.
2. We satisfy and delight our customers. Our customers are the lifeblood of our business and our most important stakeholder.
3. We promote Team Member growth and happiness. Our success is dependent upon the collective passion and dedication of all our Team Members.
4. We practice win-win partnerships with our suppliers. We are part of an interdependent business ecosystem.
5. We create profits and prosperity. We earn profits every day through voluntary exchange with our customers.
6. We care about our community and the environment. We serve and support a local experience, and practice and advance environmental stewardship.
For most people, work is where you go to make a living. For our Team Members, Whole Foods Market is where you go to make a difference. For most people, work is where you go to make a living. For our Team Members, Whole Foods Market is where you go to make a difference.
Across all our 490+ stores, you’ll find an empowered culture where any and every single person can make a real impact.
Customers come to us because they know they’re getting the best, highest-quality products – whether that’s for a home-cooked meal or a culinary experience in one of our store food venues.
That’s where you come in. You are the cooks and bakers behind the in-store masterpieces. The specialists recommending the perfect pairings. The front-end pros finding the right products for the perfect meal. You build relationships with our customers, creating an unmatched and memorable shopping experience.
It’s in our core values – we care about our community and the environment. And we walk our talk every day in our stores.
This is a culture of volunteering, and you’ll have the opportunity to frequently participate in volunteer programs with your fellow Team Members. We find local non-profits unique to each community and we partner to lend a hand throughout the year.
On top of that, each store has a “5% Day” where we donate 5% of a day’s sales to a local non-profit. We also raise money for our three foundations (Whole Planet, Whole Cities, Whole Kids) through in-store and Team Member donations. These foundations do everything from empowering communities across the world to planting gardens in schools and everything in-between.
When you work at Whole Foods Market, you help better the lives of those in your community and beyond.
Another core value near and dear to us -- We promote Team Member growth and happiness.
Over the past 30 years, we’ve built a culture where you make a difference and have fun doing it, too.
• We’ve been on Fortune’s “Best Places to Work” for 20 years.
• We offer Team Members a guaranteed starting wage of $15 per hour.
• We give you a starting discount of 20% off in-store purchases (which can grow to 30%).
• We provide access to generous health insurance to anyone working full-time.
We also want to help you reach your aspirations. Our history is rich with stories of Team Members moving through the ranks to lead their own stores or move into corporate roles. We give you leadership training and help you build a career path that fits your life’s goals.
But most important of all, you tend to build a family at Whole Foods Market. When an emergency hits or a natural disaster strikes, your fellow Team Members can donate PTO to help you. We look out for each other, and you’ll feel that comradery through support at work and friendship outside it.
Life at Whole Foods Market is special and it’s because of people just like you. If you want to make a difference and have fun along the way, click here to see how you can join our store team.
At Whole Foods Market, we’ve redefined the grocery landscape. Ever since 1980, we’ve been the gold-standard in grocery through industry-redefining quality standards, innovative product sourcing and a steadfast dedication to the customer experience. Our work in the offices has helped guide and refine those strategies through the years.
Now with Amazon, we have the opportunity to redefine the grocery landscape yet again. Our work is purpose-filled and exciting – we get to build the future every day we come into the office!
We’re headquartered where we got our start in Austin, Texas. But you can make an impact across our 12 regional offices, too. With regional corporate offices from California to the UK, your chance to shape the future is closer than you think.
We keep the business running. Times may change and new technology may come and go, but we’re a department you can set your watch to with our consistency. We have a sharp eye on money in and out, maintaining the ledger and keeping our fellow Team Members paid. We have high aspirations for the future, and we need your rock-steady consistency and visionary talent.
We know how to tell a story. And that comes even easier with a great company like Whole Foods Market. We know who to talk to, what to say and when to say it. That doesn’t just apply to the media. We love spreading our message to our fellow Team Members, raising and amplifying their 89,000+ unique stories daily. Come help us tell your story, too.
These teams build and maintain the legendary standards Whole Foods Market is known for. We’re in charge of making sure our shoppers get the high-quality products that they expect from us. That means we set the rules and keep our eye on things — from farm or sea to supplier to store. We set the bar high and we’re always raising it. Ready to join us as industry leaders?
We see Whole Foods Market as more than a destination for high-quality groceries. We’re the innovators that create memorable culinary experiences in every store. That starts with vision and love and ends with finished food that our customers crave for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We’re turning Whole Foods Market into a dining destination, and we want you to be part of our team.
We know where we are, and we know where we’re going. We’re going into bold, uncharted places, and our team is the map to that path. We plan, analyze and report on the company’s finances, helping our leaders grow a future that will change the grocery landscape yet again. Join our team and help us plan for our bright future.
Whole Foods Market has been on Fortune’s “Best Places to Work” for 20 years. Our team is a big reason why that happens. We’re the culture keepers – the ones that have a pulse on what makes the company tick. We hire great people like you, we make sure the benefits are great and we help grow careers with learning and development. We care about all 89,000+ Team Members. If you do, too, then join us and make a difference.
We're a company of 89,000+ Team Members serving millions of customers. On the Legal team, we protect uppliers, and uphold the values of the company in everything we do. Every team turns to us for legal expertise and we're always there to provide sound advice. If you're a person that enjoys the fine details while seeing things at a 10,000 foot view, then let's talk.
Texas roots. Global reach. In 1980, the first Whole Foods Market opened in Austin, Texas. Now, we’re one of the most beloved brands in the U.S. And as we grow worldwide, the opportunities to delight new audiences in new ways grow, too. Being part of our team requires a passion for improving the lives of our customers and a sharp, flexible mind to adapt to the speed of retail. Sound like you? Come join us.
Our team searches every corner of the world to find the products you see in every Whole Foods Market store. We form lasting relationships with suppliers to bring our customers the absolute best products. When data and relationships combine, you get unmatched quality.
We changed the grocery landscape with our quality standards. Now we’re going to change it again with our technology. Together with Amazon, the sky is the limit for what we can do. Our future is bold and ambitious, and we’re looking for bold and ambitious people that are ready to see their work make a difference. From Retail to POS and everything in-between, we have opportunities for you.
Our benefits have always been about more than pay, time off and 401k. We’ve always cared about the happiness of our Team Members – it’s one of our core values, after all. We pioneered quality standards for the grocery industry, and our benefits are just as innovative. Take a look at all the ways...
Very Competitive Pay: In the U.S., our minimum starting pay is $15 an hour.
Store Discount: We give you 20% off anything in-store, and that number can go up to 30%, too.
Team Member Insurance: We provide full-time Team Members access to a generous medical, dental and vision plan.
Fun, Flexible Working Environment: We’ve been on Fortune’s “Best Places to Work” list for 20 years. We believe you can make a difference and have fun doing it, too.
Total Health Immersion: Four times a year, we send select Team Members to a week-long health getaway to help create and sustain healthy lifestyle changes. We pay 100% of the travel costs and even 50% of your spouse’s costs if they want to join.
Whole Planet Volunteer Program: For two to three weeks every year, Team Members can apply to travel to the communities where Whole Foods Market sources products and funds microcredit clients through its Whole Planet Foundation.
TMAP: Feel drained? TMAP offers comprehensive tools and resources, including several free in-person counseling sessions, to help you navigate life’s challenges.
PTO Cashout: Once per year, eligible Team Members can convert their PTO hours into pay.
Purpose. When you work here, you’ll always feel a sense of purpose like no other place you’ve worked at. Purpose comes through in many ways – from large-scale efforts like environmentally friendly business practices to the small day-to-day moments of helping our customers live healthier lives.
Just by working at Whole Foods Market, you help support a few things like:
• We regularly donate food and other products to support organizations such as homeless shelters, food banks, schools and others.
• We support local growers and vendors by providing a marketplace for their goods and by doing what we can to contribute to the success of these growers and the local economy. Our Locally Grown initiative creates local jobs and ensures the continuation of independent farming and the diversity of land use.
• Our Green Mission Task Force promotes environmentally sound practices for every aspect of store and facility operations.• We purchase renewable energy credits (RECs) to offset 100% of the electricity used in all of our locations (retail and non-retail) in North America.
• Our Whole Trade program brings our commitment to transparent, ethical, and responsible sourcing and production to life. Products must meet our high-quality standards, provide more money to producers, ensure better wages and working conditions for workers, and promote a sustainable environment. One percent of the retail sale of each Whole Trade product sold goes to Whole Planet Foundation.
Not only that, but your work helps us embark on environmentally-friendly business practices. A few highlights:
• We haven’t used single-use plastic bags since 2008, instead opting for 100% post-consumer recycled-content paper bags
• We have rain-water collection systems for non-consumable purposes• We’re officially Zero Waste Business Council certified
• As of 2018, we have 60 stores and facilities supplementing traditional supply with power from rooftop solar installations.
• We are proud to have dozens and dozens of stores that have been or are in the process of Green Globes or LEED(Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification.
• We go to great lengths to source products using specific standards or purchasing guidelines which emphasize environmental health or include an environmental component.
True to the core of being purpose-driven, we created three non-profit enteties that help the world in a few ways:
• Whole Planet Foundation: Whole Planet Foundation funds poverty alleviation worldwide where we source store products. Their mission is to empower the world’s poorest people with microcredit to create or expand a home-based business and lift themselves and their families out of poverty. As a Team Member, you can give a portion of each paycheck to this foundation and even become eligible to travel to areas all over the world to have a hands-on volunteer experience with our Team Member Volunteer Program.
• Whole Kids Foundation: Whole Kids Foundation is focused on improving the lives of children in school. They provide schools with salad bars for healthier eating, subsidize school gardens and offer cooking and nutrition education for teachers and staff. As a Team Member, you can help grow the foundation through paycheck donations each pay period.
• Whole Cities Foundation: Whole Cities Foundation is a foundation focused on bringing quality food to cities in need. Whether that’s creating food access solutions, building partnerships with community leaders or even leading healthy eating classes, Whole Cities jumpstarts communities. As a Team Member, you can give a portion of each paycheck to this foundation.
And finally, you have purpose through volunteering and giving back. Throughout our stores and corporate offices, we provide numerous opportunities to volunteer with local non-profits. In the stores, we have “5% Days” where five percent of that day’s net sales are donated to a local nonprofit or educational organization.
When you’re at Whole Foods Market, your work will have purpose.
I have been working at Whole Foods Market full-time (Less than a year)
-Very friendly employees and management
-Great 20% discounts and health benefits
-Get to learn about food, safety and company culture
-Everyone here is down to earth and are very helpful
None that I can think of!
I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.
Interview process was a great experience, the interviewer makes sure you feel comfortable and have a relaxed conversation so you can focus on selling yourself. Usually it takes 2 different interviews but they make the whole process really fast.