I worked at Wilbur-Ellis full-time (More than 5 years)
Free schedule, pay, customer relations, vehicle, ability to control your income/bonus, legacy employees high in knowledge, great technology products and offerings
Long, 16 hour days during the growing season, potential 7 day work weeks, adverse weather conditions, liability for crop claims
Advice to Management
Management is too top heavy. Wilbur pricing is also ridiculously high and the cause for a loss in sales, customer base, and employee edge over competition. Also, probably reason for
Increased turnover rate.
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wilbur-Ellis (Kansas City, KS) in January 2015.
5 or 6 rounds can't remember
1. Skype interview with hiring manager
2. In person interview with region VP
3. Phone interview with different region VP
4. Phone interview with Ops Manager
5. Second in person interview with region VP
6. Final phone interview and offer with hiring manager