Mission: To help people create value with every exchange.
Did you hear the news?!! http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQiHu
I have been working at Yesware full-time (More than a year)
- Transparency within company (we share the wins and the losses)
- Exposure to process and decision making across all levels
- Collaboration with other departments, cross-functional committees and working groups
- The ability to take on new responsibilities and risks (there's a lot of opportunity here to take on new projects, responsibilities and truly own them - it's a culture where you want to move outside your comfort zone and be challenged)
- A kind, respectful, and, dare I say, loving work environment
- Flexibility to work from home or adjust hours if needed
- "Perks" like daily lunch, tasty beers on tap, yoga and workout classes, meditation, massages, leadership training/courses, professional coaching
- Expectations are very high and can be daunting at times (but I see the challenge as a Pro as do others)
Advice to Management
- It may be cheesy but I feel honored to be part of this company and its growth
- Keep moving in this direction! The changes we've made over the past two years have made this a truly great place to work
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yesware (Boston, MA) in October 2017.
A delightful experience.
1. phone screening by the Director of Talent.
2. A second from Hiring Manager
3. Invited for a group onsite interview. Onsite started with an office tour. The company really cares about their employee. Free lunch, Yoga studio, nap room and a hefty desk setup. I was given 30 min to chat with VP customer success, support manager, customer success manager, engineering manager and current experience specialist. The whole process felt like a conversation. Each interviewer had their own style. The team expedited my process because I was very late stages of the hiring process. A great group of people.