Mission: Accelerate our customers’ capabilities to bring freedom and prosperity
to the world by providing enormous high-quality bandwidth.
I have been working at Zayo full-time
- Zayo is the only independent data communications company left. We bring a strong value prop to our clients.
- I enjoy my peers, my work and love my customers. We are the largest telecommunications company you never heard of and I'm very proud to work at Zayo
- Flexibility in working from home when needed.
- As we grow, more stringent processes for operations and sales delivery need to be put in place. Could also use more resources overall in our operations groups.
- I motivate myself and my customers constantly give me positive feedback. I wish my leadership did. There is not enough "thank-you's" and positive affirmation. A pat on the back goes a long way.
- Compensation is far below what my peers make in same job and company. I stay because i love my job and have flexibility. This is starting to erode a bit.
- Bad news does not travel up. Zayo needs to work on building a safe environment to share concerns and listen to the rank and file when suggesting improvements.
- compensation - extreme lack of transparency. This needs work. I'd like to know how my results compare to my peers and my pay.
Advice to Management
Take employee feedback seriously. I'd like to see Zayo put emphasis on the culture - again. There was a time when we seemed to be working on diversity and inclusion. Treat your employees with respect. You will improve morale ten-fold with tweaking a few small things.
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zayo (Denver, CO) in December 2016.
Talked with a woman on the phone about the position in a screening interview, and was then brought into the Denver office for a full interview. I first met with the team in a panel-type interview on a conference call. Then I met with the manager of the team 1 on 1. Everyone was very kind and welcoming.