I have been working at finder full-time (Less than a year)
- Incredible, talented team that supports each other constantly
- Company values are not just a slogan on the wall, the team lives and breathes these values
- Everyone is valued and recognized no matter their role
- Leadership is accessible and easy to talk to
- International company is inclusive and remote-friendly
- Regular travel to conferences or headquarters
- Frequent feedback from team and bosses
- Excellent communication with Slack, Jira, video calls, team meetings, company meetings, etc.
- Support for trying new things and learning from failure
- Opportunities for advancement and new positions (seriously I keep pitching finder to my friends)
- Training budget and regular team workshops
- Modern office space is great for collaboration and creativity (and comes with free lunch!)
- Varied work you'll rarely get bored with and so many opportunities to do new things
- Editorial standards and processes are buttoned up and well documented
- This company just gets digital content. You'll never have to defend your job purpose, explain what SEO means or get confused looks when you talk about comma use or A/B tests. We love making awesome, helpful, funny stuff for the internet. If that sounds like you, come join us.
- Fast pace of work isn't ideal for everyone
- Sometimes you have to work around other timezones, which is normal with an international company
- There are no seats on the rocketship for anyone who can't learn fast enough. This high standard of excellence for employees means you'll feel valued if you get to stay but it can be stressful sometimes too
- Not every team within finder will feel the same due to the work or manager. Develop a good sense of whether you'll get along with your boss when you interview because each one has different styles.
Advice to Management
Overall the company is on the right track. The team, vision, dynamic and purpose make it easy to come to work. I would suggest focusing on consistency and transparency in all areas. Keep taking constructive feedback and don't be afraid to call out even small changes and improvements in the weekly company meeting. Be 100% straight up with employees on what they need to improve or succeed. And keep making finder a great place to work!
I applied online. I interviewed at finder (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2017.
Applied online, a week later was contacted by phone and invited to a face-to-face interview. Although the interviewer was friendly, she seemed disinterested in what I had to say and kept glancing at her laptop. She even yawned while I was talking! After the interview, I was told that I would hear back in the next week or so, but I didn't get any response. Totally unprofessional.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –