Électricité de France Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Électricité de France Président Directeur Général Jean-Bernard Lévy
Jean-Bernard Lévy

Pros
Cons
  • me envergure que EDF, parfois beaucoup trop de travail contrairement aux id (in 14 reviews)

• Manque de prise en compte des d (in 12 reviews)

1. "Lack of direction and leadership"

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Électricité de France full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere, cutting edge technology

Cons

Lack of leadership and consistent direction. Pass the buck culture, low morale.

Advice to Management

Find a consistent management structure.

2. "Management"

Pros

No positive comments for EDF Renewable Services related to the Midwest region.

Cons

I have had the opportunity to work for some of the top United States Fortune 500 companies and was recruited by EDF. My decision to join EDF Renewable Energy was the biggest career mistake that I have ever made.

Advice to Management

I would require continued business education and human resource management education for the Midwest Area Management overseeing the projects in Minnesota area. The lack of education and management experience is evident in the Minnesota area. The shortfall in management experience and business ethics was mentioned to me during the interview process by current EDF employees. Should have taken their advice!! Would not recommend EDF as a positive career alternative.

3. "Pay sucks, they play favorites, expect too much out of a tech for not enough pay."

Former Employee - Wind Tech
    Former Employee - Wind Tech

I worked at Électricité de France full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid benefits and job security being owner/operator wind sites. Worked with some cool guys who were willing to work and not lazy.

Cons

No pay raise for earning advanced or senior wind technician, but more responsibility and liability is expected from you once you make them. Too many EDF only things expected for no additional pay. Such as having to present 2 technical trainings and one safety training per quarter, per tech. Only company I've heard of in wind where all techs are responsible for this type of training, but only the safety specialist is paid extra. And only 50 cents extra at that. Flat out, EDF's pay is garbage and their "raises" are a complete joke. They offer full paid benefits and expect that to mask their lack of competitive pay with realistic raises. On top of that if you don't kiss major butt and become a manager favorite, you will never move up in the company. This company plays major favorites and expects too much from a wind tech for not enough money. Especially with how dangerous our job actually is. If you want to work for the same wage for 20 years straight, join EDF. Also, their "advanced wind tech training" is a joke. It should be basic level wind tech 1 level knowledge. And their "senior" wind tech training is more like advanced. GE's learning center is far superior training and EDF should wake up and send their techs there if they really want better quality techs. Instead of trying to save money with vey thing they do. One of the cheapest, penny pinching companies I've ever worked for. I would only ever consider going back if there were major changes to this company. But there never will be hanged because EDF's fix is to just hire another tech with no experience that they can pay even less money.

Advice to Management

Offer more hourly pay to your techs and stop being cheap, along with real pay raises, not 80 cents or some crap like that. And give pay raises for earning advanced and senior wind technicians. And seriously stop playing favorites and catering to add kissers. This company seriously needs to stop acting like it's "so good" to their techs and wake up and realize that your techs deserve better pay and better treatment. Just because they are below your job title, doesn't mean they don't have families and don't matter. Overall this company needs major Change and to stop talking about it and do it.

5. "Commodity Trading"

Former Employee - Independent Contractor in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Independent Contractor in Basking Ridge, NJ

I worked at Électricité de France (More than a year)

Pros

Very independant environment, decent payout

Cons

Terrible support, lousy benefits, over paid management

Advice to Management

none

6. "If your ambitious and career focused... Stay Away!"

Current Employee - Finance Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Finance Analyst in London, England (UK)

Pros

Good work-life balance
    Good final pension scheme
    Barely any pressure

Cons

If your happy with staying at the same level for about 6 or more years this is the place for you. Dont expect a promotion any time soon and they are certainly not into titles, people working her for nearly 10 years may eveidence on Analyst in their title.
    If you are someone who is thirty for learning and actually want t feel like your brain is being used, then this is not a place for you, you will not be challenge, you can hand in work late... and the funny thing is the management kind of expect that given that they move deadlines so fluidly!

Advice to Management

Communicate with employees and lead by example

7. "Laughably inept management, nice non-management people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

Autonomy, final salary pension scheme. Most of the people in my office are friendly, helpful and pleasant to work with.

Cons

Senior management has created a poisonous atmosphere where people are frightened to take decisions. Awful hypocrisy of HR pontification completely at odds with reality (flexible working is actively discouraged in my department). "Trust" is the new mantra, poor ethics among a number of senior managers is the reality. Terrible waste of money due to ill thought out strategies and rushed decision making.

Advice to Management

Poor quality management costs this company millions of pounds a year and blame is pushed down to those least able to defend themselves. Show leadership. Be commercial. Be honest. Treat your customers with respect.

"Stay away"

Former Employee - Telesales Executive in Worthing, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at Électricité de France full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing really is perfect, old fashion sales team leaders

Cons

Clueless team leaders as like as nazis

9. "Nice Job ruined by the Management"

Current Employee - Meter Operative in Eastbourne, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Meter Operative in Eastbourne, England (UK)

I have been working at Électricité de France full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Enjoy working with the Public. Sort of being your own boss, nobody looking over your shoulder. Being out and about

Cons

Working with a Management that is intimidating, threatening. that have manage to demoralise the Work Force. Driving a van that has been rebranded with the most stupid of any logos that has been produced by a Company

Advice to Management

Stop using a stick and more of a carrot, to get the best out of us. Your bullying tactics, only make us more resentfull. Try trusting us more, and stop treating us like Children

10. "rubbish!!!"

I worked at Électricité de France full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The take home pay is good and bonus...well thats if your not off sick
    the real cogs in the wheel...the customer service advisors

Cons

managers dont care, no recognition for your work, your just a number, unless ur shagging the boss you dont a promotion

Advice to Management

sack your managers!! and start again

11. "Depressive Micromanaged dictatorship!"

Former Employee - SME BUSINESS in Worthing, East of England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - SME BUSINESS in Worthing, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at Électricité de France full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

EDF Still offer annual bonuses.

Cons

Working for EDF started as a great company portraying an image that want employees to progress and be successful. This is not the case. You only get progression if the face fits. I worked very hard for 6 years in a heavily micro managed environment for a short man as a manger. I believe he must have been bullied at school because he had full power to treat staff in any way he see fit and get away with it. Its not a nice place to work, and perfect for the plodder doing a 9-5 who doesn't mind being treated like crap!

Advice to Management

Why do you allow this to happen