[24]7 Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
[24]7 CEO P.V. Kannan
P.V. Kannan

Pros
  • Flexible hours allow for a better work-life balance: ability for some positions to work remotely is very helpful (in 27 reviews)

• good work environment, flexible sifts (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a little more desired given the hectic nature of projects (in 21 reviews)

• No work life balance, this place really does NOT care about their employees and the work load they carry (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing Technology and Fun, Smart People"

I have been working at [24]7 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Technology is amazing - AI, Natural Language, ChatBots, Speech Processing. The company works with the largest enterprises in a range of vertical industries WW. Really smart people who are passionate about helping the company grow. Senior Leadership Team has evolved and working well.

Cons

Like any hyper-growth company - space and parking is a bit tight.

Advice to Management

Like the emphasis on having strong managers and a great people environment. Keep communicating and being open about how the company is growing.

2. "[24]7 Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Jose, CA

I have been working at [24]7 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great products, great vision and intelligent team

Cons

Fighting to carve out expertise in a crowded space

Advice to Management

Let sellers sell

3. "Great innovation !"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Campbell, CA

I have been working at [24]7 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

[24]7 has an excellent set of products & solutions

Cons

The globally distributed workforce can create challenges for hours and agility in driving business forward

Advice to Management

Keep up the innovation and technology edge! Customer Care industry needs it

"Not worth your time"

I worked at [24]7 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Near the prune yard, some nice people, and good location if you need to take public transportation.

Cons

No work life balance, this place really does NOT care about their employees and the work load they carry. Management isn't great, there's a lot of micromanaging. Turn over is really high, not many people are truly happy working here because of the super high stress environment. Pay isn't very competitive with the rest of the bay area companies. The floor that the company is on (HQ location) is WAY too small for the amount of people that work there - it's like packed sardines. There is NO culture here, besides work, work, work. This place will overwork you to the core so I highly suggest you don't even bother. There are many other companies out there that will treat you better and value you as an employee and contributor.

"Smoke and mirrors"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

I worked at [24]7 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You'll work with some really cool people. The recruiting process is well done; you will be thrilled to be joining the 24/7 team. The possibilities seem endless.

Cons

Waves of people are being laid off each month in numbers that seem like the WARN Act should be applicable. Senior management does not acknowledge that the layoffs are happening; colleagues just disappear from the office one by one.

The "work-life balance" that used to exist is no more. The new rule: you must be in the office during the "core hours" of 10am to 5pm, and you must be available for meetings from 7am to 10pm every week day. Senior management takes pictures of the floor throughout the day to count the people at their desks. You must scan your fingerprint every time you enter the office to record your attendance. It's more like indentured servitude than exempt employment.

There is constant churn at the top. In the last four years: 4 VPs of Product, 2 CMOs, 3 VPs of Engineering, 3 VPs of Ops, 2 VPs of Marketing, 2 VPs of HR...I'm missing a few, but you get the idea. Expect a significant upheaval and re-org about every 18 months.

As other reviewers have said: do your homework and connect the dots. Or take the job because you're desperate. If you have any other option, take that one instead.

Advice to Management

The company needs a professional high tech CEO. The problems all start at the top.

"Great place to be, if looking to learn, grow and achieve"

Current Employee - Director in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Jose, CA

I have been working at [24]7 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited opportunities, Great tools and technologies to work on, good pay, good benefits

Cons

Not gone public and no clarity on when

"Incompetent CEO unable to lead and build the company: Turnover plagues all levels of company"

Former Employee - Vice President in Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Vice President in Campbell, CA

I worked at [24]7 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good co-workers and some talented executives.

Cons

It is hard to achieve great results when you don’t know whether person who was your VP last week has left. It is not just VP of Engineering and VP of Product Management who left but Chief Architect, VP of Marketing, VP of Sales, VP of Dev Ops, VP of HR, …but most of the product managers & data scientists in Campbell and more than 75% of QA in Bangalore left last year. Btw, this happens every 12-18 months. CEO cannot even retain executives he hires every year!

This is not changing anytime soon as CEO/founder has majority of equity and board is toothless.

Company culture is based on lies. CEO lies to customers, employees and partners. Only goal is self-enrichment.

A BPO company pretending hard to be a Silicon Valley product company. Lot of fluff....no real AI work. Mostly licensed technologies from Microsoft.

Most of the company's revenue is from chat agents who are classified as "Digital Agents". Real revenue due to products is a very small part of the total revenue.

CEO is like a child in a candy store. Mission keeps changing. Lack of focus. Every six months there is a new theme.

Wrong people thrive. In a dysfunctional, wrong behaviors are celebrated.

Advice to Management

CEO knows all this. He does not care.

8. "Supportive Management"

I have been working at [24]7 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very supportive management style, this is so important to have in a company from the top down. I came from a company that did not provide respect or support for the team. Being supportive makes everyone more efficient and makes for a much better working environment.

Cons

I wish the company could provide more parking.

"Great place for workaholics but I feel bad for their workhorses"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

I worked at [24]7 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, especially the UI and design teams, I was always envious of their group and management.

Cons

In my team, there was a huge expectation that you had to work far more than your work hours. I once received very positive feedback on a project that was 90% done from the team in Bangalore--there was actually no deadline set for this project, but because it was not fully done, my boss called and berated me for taking off work early for a doctor's appointment when I said I'd return to the project in the evening. I actually had returned to that project and worked on it until 9PM that evening, but she had called at 9 and we stayed until 11PM until I was in tears out of frustration. Because there are multiple locations and multiple time differences, we were routinely called for meetings at 6:30 and 7 in the morning, so working until 11PM is asking a lot. I should mention, as well, that I was a perpetual intern (two years) whose hours were kept to under 30 (despite the fact that I was routinely working above and beyond those hours) so that I was ineligible for healthcare, benefits, and paid time off. This led to me feeling exhausted almost every day and easily burnt out.

Advice to Management

Make workplace wellness a priority, and do not have workaholic management that encourages the same behavior in their employees, especially those getting paid just above the poverty line.

"Do your research on [24]7"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

I worked at [24]7 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* Profitable company with a lot of cool technology

Cons

* In most teams there is no work-life balance, and this is greatly amplified by the global nature of the company. It doesn't matter if you're sick, on vacation, or asleep. The Sales and Solutions teams regularly over-promise on deliverable and dates, so you are in a constant state of chaos. Everything here is done "quick," not "right."

* Extremely poor benefits for the area. No 401k match, average starting salaries, low yearly merit increases, few on-site amenities, no parking, and cheap expense/travel policies.

* The contempt that senior management feels for its employees is evident. You can see many quotes and examples throughout other reviews here. You are viewed as a gear to be burnt out and replaced in a year or two. The idea of human capital is lost on [24]7. All of this results in...

* Insane amounts of turnover - the smart people realize what a mess this place is and leave within a year or so. This extends to senior management; during my time I saw no fewer than six VPs of Product team. How can you have a cohesive strategy with that much flux in leadership?

Advice to Management

You directly define the culture of your organization. You are not running a call center in Bangalore anymore - you are dealing with highly educated, highly experienced, and highly talented folks in one of the most competitive labor markets in the country.

Take some management classes, fire whoever is responsible for your HR/Benefits strategy, and treat your employees like human beings.