[24]7.ai Reviews | Glassdoor

[24]7.ai CEO P.V. Kannan
P.V. Kannan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance is a little more desired given the hectic nature of projects (in 21 reviews)

• horrible transport services, no work life balances (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Exciting time to be with this company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at [24]7.ai full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is full of possibilities, and we're deploying our AI-powered virtual agent technology with some of the biggest companies out there. I personally feel like I'm contributing to the success of the company, and that I have input into the direction we're heading. It's a great place for people who see opportunities and take initiative. A lot of the new folks being hired are the same way -- forward-looking and always looking for ways to make things better.

Cons

There are a few people who seem to be bitter the company didn't evolve in the way they thought it would, or they didn't take advantage of the opportunities they had. Once this handful of people moves on, we'll be much better off.

Advice to Management

Keep winning deals, deploying quickly with clients and attracting top talent. Don't be distracted by the nay-sayers or complainers.

"Great company"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in San Jose, CA

I have been working at [24]7.ai full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people
    Good work-life balance
    Management is open and supportive
    CFO is a real mentor
    Company is really wants the employees to learn and develop

Cons

Company does not provide 401k match
    Not enough perks. Would be fun if they could add more fun staff
    No cafeteria or restaurant services

Advice to Management

Invest more in company's culture

3. "Bad management"

I worked at [24]7.ai full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meet great people played music all day

Cons

Management sucked they promoted based off favoritism and some were messy. Says you’ll you permanent and you won’t

4. "Good"

Pros

Good people, fun energy

Cons

At the time, weird direction with company

"High Turnover, Ineffective Leadership Culture, Autocratic Top-Down CEO"

I worked at [24]7.ai full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting technology & developing field.
    Good peers/colleagues.

Cons

Command and control style of management.
    Little process.
    Lots of turnover everywhere -- esp noticeable among executives, all female C-suite members have bailed.
    Skimpy benefits that reduce year over year -- company avoids giving raises if possible; reduced the minimal PTO by establishing mandatory one-week shut down in December.

Advice to Management

This is not an effective leadership culture -- idiosyncratic, top down and personal preference don't foster a sense of collective purpose and trust.

"ZERO growth in two years, security issue lost clients, join us only if you must"

Current Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at [24]7.ai full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting tech, some really dedicated people committed to trying, but worn out.

Cons

Recent security breach creating havoc but issue tightly controlled. Revenues have not increased over past two years+, quotas are ridiculous and no one ever makes them, CMO failing, sales heads not delivering and there is no CSO. Things so bad, we saw an email for a huge new incentive program beyond base salary and commissions, up to $50K and $25K for new business sale worldwide...and other incentives at $10K on other sales, do firms do this when all is good?

Advice to Management

Stop the blame game and commit to real strategic planning and someone please address the bullies in the house that still make place hostile - HR won't act because then they will be fired then also.

"Meh"

Former Employee - Voice User Interaction Designer in Alameda, CA
    Former Employee - Voice User Interaction Designer in Alameda, CA

I worked at [24]7.ai full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My colleagues were really fantastic people: easy to get along with, diligent, congenial. I was able to contain my workload to a reasonable extent (only a few times out of the year working in the evening or on a weekend—though my experience in that regard did not seem to be typical) and was happy enough with the salary I had negotiated.

Cons

I felt our products were uninspired, despite being fed the idea that we're doing some sort of creative, sophisticated "designing." It is hard to get excited about building something that you yourself don't believe in.

Job of a designer ends up being more technical, soft engineering, rather than larger-scale conceptual planning—probably 70 to 80 percent of my time there was spent fixing bugs (usually not created by me or even another designer).

Very meager PTO, moderate other benefits.

Chaos seems to reign at all levels of management outside of the relatively calm design team in Alameda. People were resigning right and left, with remaining employees often only finding out weeks later. The company seems to be run as cheaply as possible, but the corner-cutting reduces employee satisfaction and hinders innovation. As one co-worker asked one day: "How is it that this company is 17 years old, yet is run like a startup?"

"Amazing place to work and learn"

Current Employee - Software Developer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at [24]7.ai full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

247 is re-defining customer experience using machine learning, ai and conversational interfaces. It offers amazing opportunity to learn and grow. People here are amazing, accomplished and work hard. Founders are visionaries and are on a mission to transform the customer care industry. They take personal care to uphold company values and care for employees.

Cons

Every company has in-congruencies. Focus on the opportunity and positives that the 247.ai has to offer and in two years you will have grown personally and professionally.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard at the vision, mission and values.

"Don't go there"

I have been working at [24]7.ai full-time

Pros

Some good folks still work there

Cons

Too much turn over. Management's approach to business is like a cat with a laser pointer. Always jumping and never catching. I doubt that they'll be in business more than a couple of more years. They keep cutting corners and doing things on the cheap. Their remaining clients will soon catch on and when it does 24/7 is done.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who work for you.

"Stressful environment"

I have been working at [24]7.ai full-time

Pros

Good team. Interesting products.

Cons

The pay is very less compared to the average in Bay Area. It becomes worse when they told you have to work beyond your level and you still get the same amount of pay.

Advice to Management

Not sure it is noticed by management that attrition is high... It doesn't sustain if you watch more experienced, hard-working people go and hire new folks who get paid less and just can't find a job elsewhere.